Sunday, August 30, 2015

Capitalist Ms. Piggy Saving Money

I'LL DRINK TO THAT!  Why I haven't thought of that?!  Anyway, it does not make any difference.








Recycled Blog Page


__________________________________________




LIFE IS FULL OF UNCERTAINTY, BUT THREE THINGS ARE CONSTANT: DEATH, TAXES AND INSURANCE - RALPH NADER, CONSUMER ADVOCATE 

I did not have money sense as a young impetuous spender.  I just spend money as if there's no tomorrow.  I spend my hard-earned money on food, travel, entertainment and collectibles.  The sky is always the limit then and now.  I never paid attention before for life is just too short to be a "keeper."  I may not be here tomorrow.  However, I have come to realize saving a little here and there is good for the state of the economy.  I reorganized and restructured some but not all.

I maximized my deductibles in my auto and home insurance.  According to the consumer guru Ralph Nader, the definition of  "Deductible" is the money that must come out of your pocket after a loss before any money comes out of the insurance company's.  I think I can afford to pay any loss so I take the risk.  Don't do as I do if you're not a risk-taker.

This is nothing new with my life insurance but you may not realize it.  You don't need a life insurance if you're single or married with no children.  You need a life insurance if you're married/unmarried with children as beneficiaries.  They need the money for your funeral costs.  I do not buy travel insurance (I think I did when I first came to America).  Some credit card companies offer free travel insurance.  If an air crash happens because of terrorist acts, my dear family has someone to sue anyway.


Published  2005 ALT MSN Groups
Recycled Web Page: My Bottom Dollar 


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


Am I worried with what's happening around me? Yes and no.  President Obama is spreading the wealth to 95% of Americans.  He and his fellow Democrat elitists  are the sublime reincarnation of Karl Marx.  Media hypes and ads are going to take the whole global economic meltdown out recession or depression, depending where you are standing or sitting.  So I'm not worried at all.  Not at all!
I just opened my mails this morning.  I don't open my envelopes in the evening for if it's bad news it's too late to respond right away and it will ruin my whole night and I'll be in bad mood.  Well, it said in one of the letters my CD is maturing.  I think I'll just forget putting my money in CDs.  The interest is not even enough to tip the waiter.  Giggles.

The Obama Administration has an out of this world stimulus bill.  Part is bailing out homeowners who are being foreclosed and turned their house into ghost house.  Now homeowners should be very, very careful.  A lot of lessons learned this past year in securing home mortgages, subprime and all.

Common sense in buying a house:

If you should buy a house or continue to refinance even if you don't have a job, don't do it.  Don't refinance.  Don't buy a house if you don't have EXTRA money in your savings account.  As a reminder to the 5-10% homeowners who are in foreclosures here are the reasons why you have to have that extra money....
  • Utilities - water, gas, electric
  • House and car insurance
  • Lawn maintenance
  • Home repair
  • School matriculation
  • Unforseen emergency bills 
  • Other headaches
I must confess, I don't take money seriously.  For it's only money.  It's meant to be spent, plain and simple. My financial adviser told me many moons ago - watch out for this bad stock market target 7,000 points or so.  Well, it went below.  There you go...no guts, no glory.  Didn't we have a good time while we're flying high?  Money is like that, easy come, easy go.
I go with the flow.





Published 3/4/09  altgroup multiply
Web Page: Capitalist Ms. Piggy

No comments:

Post a Comment