Sunday, August 9, 2015

Secrets of Millionaires






The Millionaires/Retirees  Game Plan

1.  They are goalsetters and plan meticulously.

2.  They know their monthly expenses.

3.  They determine their risk tolerance.

4.  They maximize their income and optimize their benefits.

5.  They set aside money for emergency fund in case of  financial surprise.



Recycled Web Page    Capitalist Ms. Piggy  2015




______________________________________________________________



Unbelievable! When was this?



I'm a regular watcher of WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE (WGN TV Channel 9,
11:00 a.m.) but I did not see this so I missed this.  Giggles!



NEW 
YORK
- Idaho resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation
to her friends and family Tuesday when she set a
new standard for stupidity with her appearance
on the popular TV show, 'Who Wants To Be A
Millionaire.'

It seems that Evans, a
32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on
the first question, and proceeded to make what
fans of the show are dubbing 'the absolute worst
use of lifelines ever.'
After being
introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira,
Evans assured her that she was ready to play,
whereupon she was posed with an extremely easy
$100 question. The question was:
'Which of
the following is the largest?'
A) A
Peanut
B) An Elephant
C) The Moon
D)
Hey, who you calling large?
Immediately Mrs.
Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as
she realized that this was a question to which
she did not readi ly know the answer.
'Hmm,
oh boy, that's a toughie,' said Evans, as Vieira
did her level best to hide her disbelief and
disgust. 'I mean, I'm sure I've heard of some of
these things before, but I have no idea how
large they would be.'
Evans made the decision
to use the first of her three lifelines, the
50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her
to decide which was bigger, an elephant or the
moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy
question, Evans still remained unsure.
'Oh!
It removed the two I was leaning towards!'
exclaimed Evans. 'Darn. I think I better phone a
friend.'
Using the second of her two
lifelines on the first question, Mrs. Evans
asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who
is an office assistant.
'Hi Betsy! How are
you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!' said Evans,
wasting the first seven seconds of her call.
'Ok, I got an important question. Which of the
following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C,
the moon. 15 seconds hun.'
Betsy q uickly
replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans
proceeded to argue with her friend for the
remaining ten seconds.
'Come on Betsy, are
you sure?' said Evans. 'How sure are you? Puh,
that can't be it.'
To everyone's
astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take
her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.'
'I
just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not
all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the
audience,' said Evans.
Asked to vote on the
correct answer, the audience returned 98% in
favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up
all her lifelines, Evans then made the dumbest
choice of her life.
'Wow, seems like
everybody is against what I'm thinking,' said
the too-stupid-to-live Evans. 'But you know,
sometimes you just got to go with your gut. So,
let's see. For which is larger, an elephant or
the moon, I'm going to have to go with B, an
elephant. Final answer.'
Evans sat before the
dumbfounded audience, the only one waiting with
bated breath, and was told that she was wrong,
and that the answer was in fact, C, 'The
Moon.'

Urban Legend  http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/gameshows/millionaire.asp


Published  10/7/08  ALT  MSN Group
Web Page:  Elephantiasis

2 comments:

  1. ALL THAT STRATEGIES DON'T WORK WITH ME. YEAH, THOUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN I SPEND MORE THAN I SAVE. FOR INSTANCE, I HAD A BRAND NEW AC-FURNACE INSTALLED FOR MORE THAN $3,000. MY CAR WAS OVERHEATING LAST MONTH AND I HAD TO PAY ALMOST $4,000 FOR THE REPAIR. THANK GOD FOR CREDIT CARDS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CREDIT CARDS ARE EVIL BUT THEY ARE CONVENIENT FOR THE GODDESS OF CONVENIENCE.

    ReplyDelete