Saturday, August 1, 2015

Cruise Ship Allure of the Seas







WHILE YOU WERE CRUISING ~~~~

 THE KITCHEN SALAD PREPARATION

 BACON


LOBSTER FOR ENTREES


TWICE-A-DAY - FRESH BREAD ROLLS


DIPPING SAUCE


CHICKEN-BY-THE HUNDREDS


MEAT


COOKING 3X A DAY FOR 6,318 GUESTS AND 2,384 CREWS


SOUP ROOM - 3 CHOICES DAILY


CREATING ECLAIRS BY THE HUNDREDS


THE (ABSENT) CAPTAIN'S DESK




KITCHEN STAFF IN ONE OF 18 KITCHENS


THE WAR ROOM IS FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS ONLY

 LAUNDRY ROOM




Recycled Web Page


_____________________________________________________

Ditto!


From: jpl
To: lib
Subject: RE: Costa Concordia, Then & Now
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:41:32 -0600

I like to cruise but I don't want the huge monstrosity of 4000 passenger/crew. I realized how impossible it will be when a disaster like this happens, people panick, they will shove & trample anyone on their way. Besides I don't know how to swim. This was a horrible disaster & fortunately the death toll small. I also much prefer the small river cruises that I have taken in Russia, Nile, Rhine.  Josie



From: lib
To:
Subject: Costa Concordia, Then & Now
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:11:31 -0600


@ Kangaroo Tim Down Under & All

Thank you much for sharing.  I must confess I'm not so fun of travel cruises except that one time I went on an Aegean cruise to Greece and Turkey.  I prefer the one day cruise like the cruise along the Rhine River, the Blue Danube or the Nile.  Mind you, it's true you don't have to hurry up pack and go like in land tours, eat a lot of sumptuous foods and all amenities are more for the conveniences of seniors and young people alike.  But it's just not for me, too confining and risky.  In land tours, you ride up the bus which most of the time driven by good and capable drivers and you enjoy the beautiful sceneries and attractive people in their costumes.  In gargantuan boats, you just sea the big blue sea.  Kind of boring, don't you think? No? Okedoke.

I always say things happen for a reason.  What if the Costa Concordia is sailing in the deep blue ocean, so faraway from land, and for some unknown freaky reason an accident happened, 40 feet tidal wave maybe?  The consequence is more tragic I think and more deaths of precious lives to count.  As you know, where there are big ship cruises there are many of our kababayans working as chefs, hosts, managers and food servers.  I was quite glad to read that all the 152 Filipino crews or so of the Costa Concorda were safe and sound except for one who had a minor injury.  I was very proud that they helped almost all of the passengers before saving themselves.  I read also that they are all back in the Philippines with the support of the Philippine Consul in Italy.

To happy cruisers -- Sail away if you must and the wind of good fortune be with you!

Ate Lib
00049768.jpg 

-->

Published 2/1/12  altgroup multiply
Web Page: Costa Concordia, Then & Now

2 comments:

  1. MANY FILIPINOS WORK IN CRUISE SHIPS. THEY DO TERRIFIC JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MANY FILIPINOS WORK IN CRUISE SHIPS. THEY DO TERRIFIC JOB!

    ReplyDelete