Friday, August 21, 2015

RE: Typhoon

PHILIPPINE TYPHOON INENG  (INTERNATIONAL CODE NAME: GONI)   
AUGUST 20, 2015


Caterman River,  Ilocos Sur   I went rafting by the river many typhoons ago

Candon,  Ilocos Sur


Photos by Karen G. Cacho


Recycled Web Page


_________________________________________________________


Right you are, Kuya Bernie, that people are made differently and as a Homo sapien you are what you are, divinely gifted by God with intelligence, moral and spiritual, thereby making us  most superior of all in the animal kingdom.  As for me, I don't apologize to anyone except to God and for Him to forgive me for my venial sins.  Why and how so?  Because at the time of my "sin" to anyone, I thought I was doing the right thing.  In fact, a wise mentor told me, never be apologetic.  Get a lawyer.  Or how about me confessing directly to God and make amends then if necessary.  Let's leave the 7 deadly sins waiting at the 7 Gates of Hell.  I really and truly believe that at my death bed that as long as I ask forgiveness for my sins to God at my Extreme Unction that I'll be cooling my high heels at the Gate of Heaven - only one gate, mind you.  True, I have to acknowledge that most Filipinos, including you, if not all, are highly emotional and sentimental.  There's nothing wrong with that.  In fact, every Sunday on CBS when I watch one of my favorite TV shows "UNDERCOVER BOSS" I cry a bucket all the time.
Thanks for further explaining your former position at PAGASA and the difference between La Nina and  El Nino.  It's good to have you to elucidate from my previous reading in the newspaper.  I beg to differ, looking in one of your photos, I find you to have a friendly personality and young looking.  I'll hire you on the spot.  But I prefer if I'm an employer to interview the applicant face to face.  E-mails?  Oh, no!  

Good luck hunting.

Lib

00302955.jpg00302960.jpg





Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 06:44:01 -0800
From: bms
Subject: Re: Typhoon Pedring Photos
To: lib



@Lib,


People are made differently. I admit it when I'm wrong. I believe that when someone thinks of you thru a message or any means, you are obliged to acknowledge his/her thoughtfulness. I'm somewhat hurt when I'm ignored. I'm an emotional and sentimental person, as you may probably have known in our message exchanges.


I did not head PAGASA, which was complemented by about 1,100 personnel. I was one of the eight 3rd level executives and acted as one of the three 2nd level deputy directors shortly before I retired in 2008. Thanks for your brief lecture to me on La Niña, which is the opposite of El Niño. Did you know that the former is a result of the cooling of surface waters from the western South American continent to the equatorial mid-Pacific Ocean? El Niño on the other hand is characterized by warming sea surface waters off the Peruvian coasts to the equatorial mid-Pacific. It usually begins during winter in the northern hemisphere or Christmastime when many fish are found floating near the Peruvian coasts due to the warm surface waters there, and the people thought that these fishes are a gift from the baby Jesus, thereby naming the phenomenon to the "El Niño".


Ok, thanks for your suggestion for me to apply to a local tv station as a consultant or weatherman. Is it not more convenient for me to apply via email? I think people here tacitly discriminate against elder persons, altho' the law expresses otherwise. I mean, when they see that you are advanced in age, they do not give you a high rating compared to your younger competitors. My wife and I have applied to the same superstore with our granddaughter, who's not yet a high school graduate, but she was hired instead of us who are with many degrees and long work experience (but not in Canada). She is already a citizen here and with some work experience.


I'll send my resume to The Weather Network, where I watch a relatively older man (compared to another local tv station) do the weather reports. Wish me luck.


Kuya Bernie



-->

Published 2/3/12  altgroup multiply
Web Page: RE: Typhoon Pedring Photos


No comments:

Post a Comment