Tuesday, September 1, 2015

MHS Save the Date

SKYGODDESS TE   INVITE

WHEN:    OCTOBER 10, 2015   SATURDAY    5:00 PM -
PLACE:    CHIEF O'NEILL'S
                   3471 N. ELSTON AVE.,  CHICAGO, IL.  60618
TEL.         773-473-5263






Recycled Web Page



___________________________________________________________________




Hi Batchmates


This is so much fun...it's like going to a shrink or a
hypnotist to recall and remember things long forgotten.  So that's in
junior hi at MacArthur Annex.  There's a time when the murky  Pasig
River become a beautiful sight to see with the lovely bloom of water lilies or
lotus.  Yeah, right....that was the Geometry class with Miss Aragones, a
good and gentle teacher.  If exactly what you meant by "bump to each other"
this maybe true because of what I recall that it was that one time or two times
that I'd been in class with you Edgar (intelligent and proactive) and Ruby (kasi
napansin ko si Ruby na palipat-lipat ng upuan and she's got an American
name).  Kaya siguro lumipat because she didn't want to be seated with
someone she didn't like.  I must confess I've seen Lydia once early in h.s.
- a very lovely face girl with her hair in a pony tail?  Am I right,
Lydia?

He he he...I think we have the same literature teacher
and yes, you have the exact description of her.  Medyo matanda siya and had
that shrill voice.  I do remember her discussing with us Shakespeare's
Merchant of Venice  (pound of flesh and let's
kill all the lawyers) but don't remember the class incident  that you
related.  I don't remember if that happened in the same class time and day
.. was this in the Mehan Annex?  I always liked seating in front of the
class near the door of the room  Were you seated a few rows behind
me? 


I was a little bit misbehaving too though no fault of
my own.  It was noon recess time at the Mehan Annex: my classmate
(I don't want to name names because I could be wrong and I'm bad with
names) and I were playing and kicking sipa (I was siga sa sipa -100 sipa
non-stop, can you believe?) at the time.  I paused when the school janitor
started to clean the walkway with his broom.  My classmate told me. "Don't
stop, janitor lang s'ya."  He overheard this, his feeling was hurt and
reported us to our class advisor.  From then on I try to be more concern
about the sensitivity of others and to remind myself that no job is too small
and humbling as long as it's honest.  I think we both apologized to
him. 


Did you go to the Manila Science High School Intramuros
Annex for the Physics class?  I don't
remember the name of my teacher there but I remember
that she's an Ilocana and a graduate of Columbia University in New York.  I
remember in those days part of Intramuros was a stinky place with scent of fecal
aroma.  I have not been back to the Philippines for more than 37 years and
for sure I wouldn't even recognize anything and everything!


Were you already at MHS when all Manila high schools had a gymnastic or
intramural show at the Rizal Memorial Coliseum?  Is that in freshman or
sophomore or junior?  I remember it was a pretty sight to see.  Where
is Quirino High School located?


I wonder if Dean C2 can dig in the deep MHS archives class picture of
SENIOR CLASS 1V Section 2???   Names of classmates I remember: 



  • Teofilo Babar (The Class Prince Charming)
  • Lutgarda Carlos
  • Gavino Custodio (Cutie Eddie Ilarde - I heard he died some months
    ago
    )
  • Rodolfo Filoteo
  • Rolando Galicia (Mr. Mood)
  • Avelino Macaraeg (The Class Doctor of Economics)
  • Adelaida Balicante
  • Angelita Cajanding
  • Germelina Co (Best-Dressed - so true ! You won't  even see a
    tiny crease - planchadong planchado
    )
  • Consuelo Domingo
  • Aida Gabayan (She's my neighbor in Manila)
  • Celia Laura (mestiza, my constant playmate)
  • Virginia Oca
  • Heidi Ortigas
  • Julieta Trinidad (Miss Fat-ti Page - this tag is no longer politically
    correct I think
    )
  • Zenaida Topaz

Semper eadem (Ever
the same)


Published 4/26/07  ALT MSN Group

Web Page:  MHS Sweet Memories




No comments:

Post a Comment