Wednesday, January 28, 2015

On the Radio



GE Radio since 1967

MORNING RADIO WLS AM 89 IN CHICAGO HAS JUST LOST ONE LISTENER.   I've been a longtime WLS listener for many, many years since I moved to Chicago.  Oh, no!  My favorite Bruce & Dan program (5 - 9 am) ... they're gone!  Gone, I say.  I liked waking up and listening to them because they are so informative on different topics, local and world news, and funny some times and not too serious.  What's more they have interesting and famous and nearly famous guests as well as political figures.  I could not figure out why the station bosses would do such stupid thing.   They were removed due to low rating?  Nonsense!  They were the best.  Sorry to say, the one who replaced them is not my type.  Boo-ring!  And due to other shows, I don't listen to afternoon and evening shows.


Bruce Wolf  & Dan Probt

So now, I just turn on my TV and watch all the morning  shows on NBC, ABC and FOX.
The only redeeming value of listening to WLS is the Rush Limbaugh Show (11 am - 2 pm).  I've been listening conservatively since 1989.   What's convenient with his time slot is I could turn on my car radio, listen and run errands around town at the same time.




http://www.wlsam.com


 Recycled Web Page

_______________________________________________________________




Hmmmmm....What's with Rush Limbaugh? Anything that's coming out of my mouth about Obama and his cult is coming out of his mouth also! (Everything about Obama is all hype.) He acts more like a professor than a president.  He talks like the liberal elites, sarcastic and mean.  He's all theory, but totally lacking in experience.  So cool, yes?  Where would he be without his teleprompter?
Yap, the fools who voted for him got fooled - but I know better.  They thought there will be no more war when he's elected and they thought the US troops will be out of Iran and Afghanistan pronto!  Terrorism is not going to quit!
Back to Rush....As his listener I must be brainwashing him with mental telepathy and wireless vibration. It's so convenient to listen to him, very informative and very entertaining.  I was listening one day, my ears perked up like a dog, when he mentioned Bill Clinton and some babe in Russia  and a favorite singer of mine from England by the name of Cliff Richard.  I said to myself, self, is there anything that Rush doesn't know? Amazing, just amazing!
That Mark Levin with a funny voice is also right on the money.  I've been listening to him for a while  on WLSam 890 Chicago from 9:00 pm to 12 midnight.  I stopped watching Jay Leno 8 years ago - he's always calling my favorite President Bush "dumb."  Very annoying.  Ah, yes, he's gone from the Tonight show now.  But I heard he's coming back on prime time.  My sixth sense tell me it's not going to be a hit.  Why so? Baaad timing!  I have never watched David Lettermen either since 1992 - I didn't like him making fun of  my favorite veep Dan Quayle.


Published  6/1/09   altgroup  multiply
Web Page:  Limbaugh Listener


________________________________








Published 6/1/09   altgroup multiply
Web Page: Limbaugh Listener

2 comments:

  1. MY GE RADIO IS CATEGORIZED AS "ANTIQUED." THIS RADIO HAS EXCELLENT SOUND (NOT LIKE THE MODERN ONES) AND ALARM CLOCK RIGHT ON TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A BIG BAD MOVE IN MORNING PROGRAMMING BY WLS89! THE PARTNERSHIP OF DON WADE AND ROMA SHOW WAS A BIG HIT TO EARLY RISERS FOR 29 YEARS. THE BRUCE AND DAN SHOW WAS SO MUCH FUN TO HEAR THEM AND MADE ME PERK UP BRIGHT AND EARLY AND PREPARE ME AS I GO TO WORK. IT TAKES TWO, BABY!

    ReplyDelete