Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Time and Progress










Recycled Web Page

______________________________________________


This is right....I tried it!


Thanks TReis! ....Very informative.   I found out if
you're listed in the phone book, you'll be in Google.  ALTPRES








For those of you who
missed it the first time, please pass this around again.


Google has
implemented a new feature wherein you can type someone's telephone number into
the search bar and hit enter and then you will be given a map to their house.
Everyone should be aware of this!


Note that
you can have your phone number removed or blocked. Before forwarding this, I
tested it by typing my telephone number in www.google.com . My phone number came up, and
when I clicked on the MapQuest link, it actually mapped out where I live. Quite
scary!  Please look up your own number.


Read below
for details. Think about it--if a child, ANYONE gives out his/her
phone
number, someone can actually now look it up to find out where he/she
lives.

 The safety issues are obvious,
and alarming. In order to test whether your phone number is mapped, go to: http://www.google.com/ Type your phone number
in the search bar (i.e. 555-555-1212) and hit enter.


If you want
to BLOCK Google from divulging your private information, simply click on
the telephone icon
next to your phone number or
phonebook results
. Removal takes 48-hours. If you are unlisted in
the phone book, you might not be in there, but it is a good idea just to check.
If your number does come up if you hit map, it will show you a direct map to
your house... Please forward on to friends and family



V/R

Marshaye O. Cooke,
MSgt, USAF


F/A-22 Command
Weapon System Manager 


DSN:
575-0237


Comm: (757)
225-0237


marshaye.cooke@langley.af.mil

Published 3/12/05  ALT  MSN Group
Web Page: Telephone Security

1 comment:

  1. I googled my number and I was not there.  I googled my mom's phone and she's there!

    ReplyDelete