Friday, January 2, 2015

Sense of Humor



I STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO SENSE OF HUMOR.  Boooring!!!  I'm starting the new year with a prayer and a big smile on my face.  Just like Pope Francis who practices praying to the martyr, St. Thomas More, Chancellor to King Henry VIII to have a good sense of humor.  Imagine that!  That St. Thomas More who was beheaded by King Henry VIII.



PRAYER FOR GOOD HUMOR


Grant me, O Lord, good digestion, and also something to digest.
Grant me a healthy body, and the necessary good humor to maintain it.
Grant me a simple soul that knows to treasure all that is good and
that doesn't frighten easily at the sight of evil,
but rather finds the means to put things back in their place.
Give me a soul that knows not boredom, grumblings, sighs and laments,
nor excess of stress, because of that obstructing thing called "I."
Grant me, O Lord, a sense of good humor.
Allow me the grace to be able to take a joke to discover in life a bit of joy,
and to be able to share it with others.



As a starter, this  YouTube video made me laugh




Click on the bottom right for FULL SCREEN

 Recycled Web Page     January2015



______________________________________________________________




Dear PIP: Add this to your collection.  Your namesake - Baby Buddha.  You're the enlightened one.












Published  6/22/04  ALT  MSN Group
Web Page:  Funny

6 comments:

  1. Dear CC : THat was then... this is now... Your  GD Luck Babe, PIP  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gives true meaning to RAINBOW COALITION  

    ReplyDelete
  3. STOLEN FROM  www.gop.com  BY 3 OF 4  

    ReplyDelete
  4. OSAMA BIN LADEN went to heaven and was greeted by George Washington, who slapped him and yelled, "How dare you try to destroy the nation I helped conceive!"   Patrick Henry then approached and punched Osama in the nose.  After that James Madison entered and kicked him in the shin.  He was followed by an angry Thomas Jefferson, who whacked Osama over the head with a cane.   The thrashing continued as John Randolph, James Monroe and 66 other early Americans came in and unleashed their anger on the terrorist leader.   Suddenly, as Osama lay writhing in unbearable pain, an angel  appeared.   "This is not what you promised me," Osama said to the angel.   > >    "Come on, Osama," the angel replied.  "I told you there would be 72 VIRGINIANS waiting for you in heaven."       -By E.T. Thompson 

    ReplyDelete