Saturday, February 28, 2015

Open Internet




Recycled Web Page



___________________________________________________________


I've been meaning to talk about this for a long, long time.  Being informed by mail, I've participated in 4 Class Action Suits that I remember in my lifetime.  Was it worth it? Maybe.  I don't know what to make of it.  But this I know, you get very little or none at all.  These are the winning lawsuits:

1, Lawsuit against the airlines for manipulating and fixing the fares (1985? - 1998?).  I received vouchers but I was not able to use them on holidays.
2.  Lawsuit against a bank for not notifying customers ahead of time that their CDs are maturing.  I got a check for $9.00.
3.  Lawsuit against MasterCard & Visa credit cards for excessive fees.  I got a check for $6.00 ?
4.  Lawsuit against Epson for misleading notice on printer inks or something.  After 2 years or so I got a $50.00 worth of inks.
The latest lawsuit is against AT&T for very slow internet speed when it advertised HIGH SPEED! Which is so true in my experience.  I took a look to see what's in it for me -- $2.00 and change.  Yikes!
Now, tell me?  Who got rich? Not the litigants but the LAWYERS!


Published 5/14/10  altgroup multiply
Web Page: Class Action Suits

No comments:

Post a Comment