Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy Fat Tuesday

IT'S FUN TO BE IN NEW ORLEANS    Fat Tuesday is the last fling of all you can eat before the prayerful fasting and abstinence of Lent for all Catholics.  





Recycled Web Page


___________________________________________________________________




Whoo!  Katrina,
one daughter of Mother Nature, is one mean lady!  I live in Chicago, the
Windy City, and once in a while we get like 30 to 40 mph blow.  I thought
at one time the awnings in my house were going to fly away.  But Katrina at
140 mph passed by the states of MAL (Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana) and left a
path of great devastation and destruction..  Some years ago we drove from
Florida to Texas.  We had a great time in the beautiful coastline of
Gulfport, the usual place of Miss Teen USA contest.  I hope our
Filipino friends leaving there survive mean lady Katrina.  I wonder if the
Hermitage, the Confederate White House of the South is spared?  I
saw one of the longest bridges I've ever crossed fall down to the waters like
dominoes.  Awesome, just awesome power.  In New Orleans, there's
flooding everywhere.  I hope the city fathers will check with Holland
how to build and have strong dikes and levees.



I know it's easy for me to say because I was
not affected personally ( no loss of housing, clothing, important
documents and memorabilia) but these things are temporary and they can be
built up again.  Economically, it will be a good thing for The Home Depot
or Lowe's.  For US.


Indonesia, Thailand and other South Asian
countries survived the tsunamis.  So can US!


Maybe it's time to drill oil in
Alaska?  Mother Nature is giving US a hint.



The storms of life reveal the strength of our
faith.

- Matthew 7:24


Published 8/31/05  ALT MSN Group

Web Page: One Mean Lady Hurricane Katrina


1 comment:

  1. There's a lesson to be learned - I'll get out pronto the next time  I'm told to get out of town when there's a warning that hurricane is coming.
    Get MSN Messenger with Video Conversation - FREE. The next best thing to being there.

    ReplyDelete