Monday, November 18, 2013

Christ Statue Tanauan


TYPHOON NEWSBITS:  MIRACLE OR COINCIDENCE?  There is no such thing as coincidence.  And only Catholics believe in miracles, no one else.


_______________________________________________________________________________


Prayer for the Typhoon Victims

Help me, Lord, I am in need, reaching out to you;
Call to me with your own voice,
The voice that I once knew.
In my darkness night I wait for you,
Longing to be free;
Let me hear my name by your own voice calling out to me.
All around me, Lord, is darkness,
Drawing me away;
Bring me back to you,
Just call my name;
Show me, Lord, your way.
When I reach for you I tremble, Lord,
I am filled with fear;
Will you hold me, Lord, in your embrace,
Wrapping me with care?

Petition - Jerry Galipeau  2006
___________________________________________________

THE VIDEO "WE ARE THE WORLD PHILIPPINES" - TYPHOON HAIYAN:  Music video from the victims of Haiti disaster   



_____________________________________________________ 

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN 360 popular news anchor and son of socialite millionairess Gloria Vanderbilt (you did not know that, did you?  Her designer blue-jean brand was my first blue jeans - I looked good too in my bluejean, baby)  interviewed Arnel Pineda, lead singer of Journey, when he visited Manila to report on the devastating typhoon.  Cooper, who has a rich family background yet humble, is a lover of the Filipino people.  


The Arnel Pineda Foundation is donating relief goods to typhoon victims



___________________________________________________

2009 CNN HEROES FILIPINO WINNER: EFREN PENAFLORIDA
 
___________________________________________________



NOVEMBER 20, 2013 TANAUAN, LEYTE

FOLKS WOULD RATHER GO FISHING! FILIPINO FISHERMEN KNOW NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF INVENTION AND IMPROVISATION

Their boats gone but able to salvage a refrigerator

Catch of the day



One fish, one crab

Going fishing again! You know the old saying, "Give a person a meal and he'll be hungry again in a few hours.  But teach him how to fish, plant and harvest, and he can feed himself for life."

_____________________________________________________

TACLOBAN TYPHOON EVACUATION OF NOVEMBER 20, 2013
AMERICA: A SUPERPOWER WITH A BIG HEART



 

No comments:

Post a Comment