Saturday, April 4, 2015

Holy Week Schedule 2015

PALM SUNDAY OF THE PASSION OF THE LORD    MARCH 29    10:30  MASS
So they brought the colt to Jesus and put their cloaks over it.  And he sat on it.  Many people spread their cloaks on the road, and others spread leafy branches that they had cut from the fields.  - Mk  11:7-8

Re-enactment played by students of St. Joan of Arc School




HOLY THURSDAY    APRIL 2   
7:30 AM  Prayer Service 
11:00 AM  Living Stations
7:30 PM  Mass of the Lord's Supper
Washing of the feet



GOOD FRIDAY    APRIL 3    
7:30 AM  Prayer Service
2:00 PM  Children's Way of the Cross
3:00 PM  Stations of the Cross    
7:30 PM  Service of the Lord's Passion

THE FACE OF CHRIST, THE FACE OF MAN
He who saw this has testified so that you also may believe.  His testimony is true, and he knows that he tells the truth.  These things occurred so that the Scripture might be fulfilled:  "None of his bones shall be broken".  And again another passage of the Scripture says:  "They will look on the one whom they have pierced"   - Jn 19:35-37


HOLY SATURDAY   APRIL 4   

8:00  AM  Prayer Service
11:00 AM  Blessing of Easter Baskets
7:30  PM  Easter Vigil Mass



EASTER SUNDAY   APRIL 5    
8:30 AM  MASS
10:30 AM  MASS




ST. JOAN OF ARC PARISH
Evanston, Illinois




Recycled Web Page


____________________________________________________________________




WHEREVER I GO, THERE I AM. TIME TO TIME, FROM MOSES TO JESUS.
I'm back dear folks and friends from my trip of the Promised Land (Terrae Sanctae) - tracing back the roots of my faith in Egypt, Jordan and Israel.  I have taken more than 3,000 snapshots with my SONY cybershot,  No surprise since I'm an avid photographer.  Only 40  photos or less will probably make it to my travel report because they were mostly blurry and dim.  Is there a stabilizer in my camera? 
To say the least, I had the most wonderful experience of my lifetime with this Holy Land journey.  Why so?  I got to see the site of God's creation to the site of Armageddon.  Not by reading my Bible in the past where I use my mind, my imagination and my personal interpretation.  This time, it was a historical and spiritual experiences of the heart where you touched and kissed the real thing - the Living God.
I'm very blessed with fellow travelers who are very nice, friendly and healthy.  I prayed that nobody would get sicked and nobody did in the trip.  One sick traveler is one sick trip for everyone.  Yup, it's that contagious.  Out of 36 people in the tour group, 10 were from Illinois.
However, I'm still getting rid of my jet lag, sleeping all the time.  It's good to have an hour sleep today with the DST over.  It will take me a week or so to write my lasting impressions and memories due to other commitments - answering my 300 e-mails, paying my unpaid credit card bills and accomodating special requests from friends.  Videos are available but still to be created and burned.
Have a blessed Sunday!

Published 11/7/10   altgroup multiply
Web Page:  I Am A Time Traveler

No comments:

Post a Comment