Thursday, April 30, 2015

Bonsai Trees


A BONSAI IS A DWARFED, ORNAMENTALLY-SHAPED  TREE OR SHRUB  IN A SHALLOW POT.  Every office should have a bonsai.  My bonsais of pomegranate, Harland boxwood and cryptomeria are growing nicely and I water them every other day.







Recycled Blog Page

___________________________________________________


WHAT DO CHEFS MAKE WHEN THEY ARE BORED?  THEY DO THESE...



_________________________________




It happened one beautiful and peaceful Sunday afternoon on the first week of June.  One of the Angelic McCainiacs and former lab tech co-worker of two of the Tres Amigas, Susan and Sofie, is visiting Chicago with her hubby Rudy from Scottsdale, AZ.  



 





Amiga Susan was treating all of us for an evening of chow at the popular Japanese restaurant TSUKASA OF TOKYO.  561 N. Milwaukee Ave., Vernon Hills, IL  60651    847-816-8770    

I said, I love crispy tempura plate for my palate.  I never liked sushi but I always order beef and chicken teriyaki and sukiyaki.  Yummy!




So we all drove in our SUVs to the chow place.  It's a short drive to Mundelein.  Mundelein on my mind is famous for Catholic seminary and school for visiting priests from other countries.
Susan who's treating us already made the reservation.  The place was jampacked with anniversary celebrants, newly graduates, and just plain hungry folks like us.  We waited about 20 minutes or so.

Sub-Chef Tsukasa put on a foodtastic show for us in how he's going to prepare our orders.  First he put everything on fire.  Whoa!  Burn, baby, burn!  Then, he cracked eggs to make scramble for the fried rice by playing like a ping-pong.  PiloSofia, Susan and Gerry, all of us in front of him, including Mr. & Mrs. Turban, were all full of admiration.  Wow! 



 Don't try this at home.  Are you ready for the explosion?  Shock and awe with our volcanic onions.



I said to Sub-Chef Tsukasa, never ever remove the fat on my juicy steak!  My mouth and nose just loved the smell.  


What a show at TSUKASA!
Banzai!




Published  6/23/08   altrgroup  multiply
Web Page: Tokyo Volcano

No comments:

Post a Comment