Monday, March 23, 2015

Springtime in the City

SURPRISE SNOWFALL,    MARCH 23, 2015  MONDAY






Recycled Web Page


_________________________________________________________________








Take my breath away......


----- Original Message -----




Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2007 1:00 PM


Subject: Every breath of air





New Message on Association
of Laboratory Technologists



Every breath of
air




Reply





Recommend Message 1 in Discussion






From: ALTPresident1


I READ somewhere that we breath the air that turns into wind and
believe.  We can't see it, we can't touch it, we can't grasp
it, and we can't feel it and yet know it's there.  We know
there's a sun when it's rising and shining.  But in the
darkness of night when there's no sun and we can't see it we
believe there's a sun because we know the sun will come out
tomorrow as expected.  Why then, I beg to ask some of us,
can't we believe there is a God?


A most amazing thing happens every
spring on top of the corner nook of the front door of my
house.  Every spring, little by little, day by day, a mother
bird (not a father bird, I think, because mothers are more
nurturing) returns and builds a nest of tiny thin sprigs and
branches  I even saw the other day a piece of white tissue
attached to the nest.  Today, it has become a beautiful and
comfortable nest for the blue eggs (I dragged a small ladder some
years ago to see what's in the nest).  Don't ask me what kind
of birds - all I know they are either brown or black birds and
very protective of the young ones.  Once or many times, who
knows I wasn't there all the time, the birds even startled my
mailman.




I love the GE ecoimagination ads - the tap
dancing elephants  and the wind energy - the little boy
catching the wind in a small bottle, traveling awhile and giving
it to his grandpa for his birthday - every moment tuned to Bob
Dylan's song "Catch the Wind."  Very impressive.  It
reminded me of a most amazing neat little story about
Thomas Edison


When
Thomas Edison was on his death bed, his dear friend and great
admirer Henry Ford had Edison's son hold a test tube next to his
father's mouth to capture his last breath.  The test tube
with Edison's last breath is still on display at the Henry Ford
Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.


Wow!
Whoo!
 
 


Published   4/21/07   ALT  MSN Group
Web Page:  Every breath of air


1 comment:

  1. Dear IMBusted & Bird Lovers:
     
    You asked what kind of birds nesting at my front
    door?  It so happened I saw 2 light brownbirds yesterday making
    lovey-dovey.  I think they are finches found all around the United
    States, The Philippines and many parts of the world  but never found in
    Australia. 
     
    How can one tell if a bird is a male or female? 
    Well, I'm not the Birdman of Alcatraz, this is just a wild guess, the male bird
    is bigger that a female bird and has darker feathers than the female bird who
    has lighter feathers.
     
    Bye-bye birdie.
     
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Association of
    Laboratory Technologists
    To: Association of
    Laboratory Technologists
    Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2007 1:00 PM
    Subject: Every breath of air






    New Message on Association
    of Laboratory Technologists



    Every
    breath of air






    Reply

    ReplyDelete