Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reading My Little Chinese Cookie

First Reading:


"So live that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip."

Second Reading:






Enhance your karma by engaging in various charitable activities.

I've just been in the town of Bethlehem, the place of Jesus' birth on the Palestinian side. Bethlehem, in my own observation, in comparison with other towns in the Holy Land, is a poor and not so neat place. I think the birthplace of Jesus deserves better. Is it just my feeling? Anyway, it so happened, yesterday, Sunday, the Catholics from Bethlehem put a display of handmade crafts and arts at our parish church in Evanston/Skokie for fundraising. God really works in mysterious ways. I bought 3 beautiful items - the praying hands medallion, a wooden Cross with embedded metal Crucifix and a wooden carving of the Ten Commandments.


Three days before, I mailed $10 each to two Veterans Foundations for the "Freedom Is Not Free" blankets. Hopefully, with enough money (see photo) I would be able to give more this Christmas.

How's that for karma?

No comments:

Post a Comment