Sunday, July 21, 2013

July National Ice Cream Month


 IN JULY, 1984, PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN DESIGNATED JULY AS NATIONAL ICE CREAM MONTH AND JULY 21 AS NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY IN THE UNITED STATES.  About 90% of Americans eat ice cream.  My personal favorite is yummy Haagen Dazs.

 


Since that Reagan Proclamation, only one (as far as reported) consumer was honored in July 2009:



In honor of the 44th President of the United States, Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream has introduced a new flavor: Barocky Road.

It's a blend of half vanilla, half chocolate, and surrounded by nuts and flakes.  The vanilla portion of the mix is not openly advertised and usually denied as an ingredient.  The nuts and flakes are plentiful.

The cost is $92.84 per scoop... so, out of a $100 bill, you are at least promised some CHANGE.

When purchased, it will be presented to you in a large beautiful cone, but after you pay for it, the ice cream is taken out of the cone and given to the person in line behind you at no charge.

You are left with an almost-empty wallet, staring an empty cone and wondering what just happened.  Then you realize this is what "redistribution of wealth" is all about.


Not to be outdone, Ben & Jerry honored Obama with  Impeach-MINT Ice Cream

=======================================


Dear Rose of Pennsylvania:  It's nice to
hear from you again.  You know, I attribute it to luck.  All these
achievements and accomplishments are nothing but plain luck.  I was somehow
there at the right place and at the right time.  My life has always been
convenient and easier because of my parents, fellow Thomasians and special
friends like you.  You are always beside me, thinking and calling me
out of the blue and praying for me through wonderful emails for continued
blessings from up above.  I do not know when will it end - this free ride
and things just falling into my lap.  According to my Death Clock, my small
hands will be catching the best wishes of friends like you until 2023. 
Bebs (Luz Pier) is inviting me for lunch again.  She just had a minor
surgery on hert wrist (carpal tunnel) and will be out of commission for 2
weeks.  Time out! I've been eating so much lately, Mila (ALT PRO) gave me
favorite pinapaiitan, menudo,  vegetable dish and
pudding .  Then, this Saturday, I attended the graduation party of
Mejay, daughter of lab tech Leynie (close friend of mine and ALT members Susan
L., Luz M., Josie, and Joji).  She was in Brandenburg Technical
Institute in Germany before graduating in architecture at ITT (Illinois
Institute of Technology) this July.  Again, I had my favorite
pork kabob, barbecued (not too much sauce, please) ribs and
chicken, pancit, afritada and for dessert, Pear Cake with
Ladyfingers from Oak Mill Bakery.  ZenyH of
California - Mejay says thank you for congratulating her.  This
Saturday, Susan & Gerry will pick me up for dinner at Pita Inn and go to
Creamery for ice cream.  By the time you see me in the USTPMTBBAA 3rd Grand
Reunion in Las Vegas next year (are you going?) I'd probably be the size of a
whale.  Best regards to Doc and your family.

----- Original Message -----
From: Rose

To: Lib

Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 8:20 PM

Subject: Re: Fw: Hi



You're doing great. Keep up the good work.

I  also want to congratulate you for all your accomplishments  
I  got the Pharmacy Reunion program a couple of weeks ago. You must be
proud of your achievements. I'm honored to be included in your list of special
friends. Thanks.


Published 9/7/04  ALT MSN Group
Web Page: Hi

2 comments:

  1. What death clock are you talking about?

    B*U*S*T* wrote:





    New Message on B*U*S*T*



    Fw: Hi





    Reply





     
    Recommend
    Message 1 in Discussion





    From: ALTPresident1




    Dear Rose of Pennsylvania:  It's nice to hear from you again.  You know, I attribute it to luck.  All these achievements and accomplishments are nothing but plain luck.  I was somehow there at the right place and at the right time.  My life has always been convenient and easier because of my parents, fellow Thomasians and special friends like you.  You are always beside me, thinking and calling me out of the blue and praying for me through wonderful emails for continued blessings from up above.  I do not know when will it end - this free ride and things just falling into my lap.  According to my Death Clock, my small hands will be catching the best wishes of friends like you until 2023.  Bebs (Luz Pier) is inviting me for lunch again.  She just had a minor su

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear RoseSee http://groups.msn.com/BUST/eternalsleep.msnw or http://www.deathclock.com/    

    ReplyDelete