Thursday, April 18, 2013

Kut-Kut - the lost art of the Philippines


According to the great Filipino artist Fred DeAsis, owning a very expensive art piece of Kut-kut art will someday soon be a reality for yours truly (a size 2 feet by 3 costs $3,600). http://groups.msn.com/LabTechs/kutkut.msnw  I almost did get one if my dear fellow Thomasian and Bionic VP Mila S. knew then what she knew now.  Mr. DeAsis donated some pieces to a Filipino organization fundraising.  She said she could have bought it for me and gave it as a gift.  Very generous and giving talaga si Mila S.
Anyway, I "commission" Mr. DeAsis to paint a special Kut-Kut for me.  I, me, myself, being a die-hard and proud Republican, specifically and specially asked an elephant painting, the Republican Party symbol, and the title to be "THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.
For more of the wonderful arts and paintings of Mr. DeAsis -









 
Photos 3/11/07
Previous Publications   4/21/07  ALT MSN GROUPS Website
                                   2/9/09 ALT Multiply Website
 
Note: "My painting" was never done.

1 comment:

  1. i happened to watch a local filipino tv show featuring fred deasis teaching art to children at the filipino cultural center in glendale heights.  this shows he cares and loves to share what he knows. 

    ReplyDelete