Monday, December 22, 2014

Homeless Blues



OH, MY GOD!  I HAD MY VERY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH A FILIPINO HOMELESS HERE LAST WEEK AT UNI-MART ONE-STOP SHOPPING IN MORTON GROVE, ILLINOIS.  I WAS SO SHOCKED!  I JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!  I WAS PLAIN SURPRISED BECAUSE FILIPINO IMMIGRANTS ARE MOSTLY PROFESSIONALS IN THE FIELDS OF MEDICINE, NURSING, ENGINEERING, ACCOUNTING, BANKING AMONG OTHER THINGS.   THEN THEY WOULD SPONSOR THEIR PARENT/PARENTS AND THAT THEY ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE FOR THEIR SHELTER AND FOOD.



Once in a while I have the big craving for Filipino foods.  So takaw mata, I had a carry out of inihaw na baboy, pork barbecue, adobong baboy (must have fat), beef kaldereta, chicken skin, dinuguan, pancit palabok and mamon.  Sooo good!  After I was done with my grocery shopping, and as I was going to my car in the parking lot a Filipino guy approached me begging for money.  He said he's homeless.   His name is Lucindo (I was not sure I heard right), about 60 something.  Oh, I said, why don't you ask help from Filipino-American charities?  I added, don't you have relatives here?  I was wondering how did get, of all places, to Morton Grove, a suburb of Chicago.  A friend told me he probably took the bus.  He was asking other customers as they enter the store but I did not see anyone giving him money.  Anyway, he must have fallen on hard times.

I'm going to ask Filipino activists in Chicago if there are any accessible charities so next time I'm better prepared to help the Filipino homeless.  

In the suburb of Skokie, there's a resident homeless named Kevin.  A neighbor would give him sandwich food until one day the neighbor found out he would only throw it in the garbage can!   





VIDEO   http://youtu.be/T8_EfDqF7YI








____________________________________________________________________

Well, well, well!  This is very disappointing.  I found out this is a scam perpetrated by Filipinos pretending or not pretending to be homeless.  A good friend of mine told me they hang out along Lincoln Avenue and Peterson Avenue in Chicago.  The first time was when a male and female Filipino approached her and her group as they were going out of Subway restaurant.  After giving them money and food, they saw the couple just threw the sandwiches in a garbage can.  Before that, one in the group told them they will find a job for them.  They said they don't want jobs but they want to beg because they get more money from begging.  My friend later found out these "homeless" Filipinos are driven to different locations in Chicago and the suburbs.

Christmas eve, December 24th,  I had dinner at a friend's condominium in downtown Evanston, Illinois.  As I was going out of the public parking lot, a white homeless guy was standing just outside the door begging for money.  One day, the grandson of my friend saw the guy driving away in a car.

Recycled Web Page
__________________________________________________


You Think You
Have A Health
Problem?


Three senior citizens'
moments...

The 70-year old senior
said, "At 7:30 AM, I  get up from bed but I have to spend an hour in the
bathroom because I pee (urinate) drop by drop."


The 80-year old senior
said, "That's nothing!  Every 8:30 AM, I  poo (unload) but I have to
spend an hour in the bathroom because I'm always constipated.  It's really
bad!"


The 90-year old senior
said, "You young ones...you think you have a problem.  Every 7:30 AM, I
pee like a horse and at 8:30 AM, I poo like a pig.  My problem...at
9:30 AM, I wake up!"



B*U*S*T* Busted Living
Message Board


Published  10/15/04   ALT  MSN Group
Web Page:  Nursing Home Blues

2011

1 comment:

  1.  Folks, don't laugh.  I've got the same problem.                      

    ReplyDelete