Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 5, 1997 Mother Teresa

MOTHER TERESA OF CALCUTTA DIED FIFTEEN YEARS AGO TODAY.  The whole Christian world, including some Hindus and Muslims, were saddened and in mourning for a holy nun who devoted her entire life in helping the hungry, the sick, the poor, and the dying.  Her love is a Christian love in every meaning of the word.  So different from human love in every sense at all.  Her total surrender and devotion to Jesus Christ gave her strength to serve her fellow human beings while she's living here on earth.  She became the shining light of Jesus to the world.  Her day was always more than ordinary - always starting with prayers, meditation and Holy Mass.  She said, "Love to pray."

"Prayer enlarges the heart until it is capable of containing God's gift of himself.  Ask and seek, and your heart will grow big enough to recover him as your own."

To many faithful in the Christian world, including self, she's already called Saint Teresa of Calcutta.  She had done so many miracles while with us.  No one in these modern days and age would do what she had done in her body of work.  She was the reincarnation of Father Damien of Molokai (Saint Damien of Molokai) who would have no qualms in touching a leper.  Would you do that?  She was asked about "holiness":
"Our progress on holiness depends on God and ourselves - on God's grace and on our will to be holy.  We must have a real living determination to reach holiness. 'I will be a saint' means I will despoil myself of all that is not God; I will strip my heart of all created things; I will live in poverty and detachment; I will renounce my will, my inclinations, my whims and fancies, and make myself a willing slave to the will of God."

Oh, my God! Mother Teresa is something beautiful for God.  She is in peace.


"Jesus never gives desires which He does not mean to fulfill."

No comments:

Post a Comment