Monday, February 7, 2011

Flight to Bali via Singapore

On board Singapore Airlines, my fellow Asian travelers and I departed from the more modern Manila Terminal II of NAIA at around 8:10 am, paying a departure fee of $17.50, and landed at Singapore Changi Airport at around 11:45 am.

I've been to some of the world's big airports and no one, no polls can convince me that Singapore is the not the number one most beautiful airport that I've ever seen so far. It's second to none in my list. Incheon Seoul, it's okay but not 1 to me. Number 2 in my list is Chicago O'Hare International Airport (attracted by United Airlines multi-colored lights at the arrival gate)

Why Singapore?

There are beautiful exotic orchids everywhere.



Drawing tables for young kids and adults alike using carved woodblock print with local images designed by Singapre artist Justin Lee. This less seen art was a popular medium during the 1950s and 1960s.

And why it got my vote? Free internet all over the airport!

After spending looking at the duty free shops, getting a foot massage at one of the machines and just plain talking for 4 hours, we departed around 4:30 pm for Denpasar Bali Airport landing around 6:10 pm - a whole day trip! Aboard the plane we had oriental style shrimp, choice of roast peppered chicken with gravy, ratatouille and potatoes or braised pork with beancurd sticks, served with fine beans, carrots and steamed rice, ice cream dessert, roll and butter.


Published  3/19/11  lib's labyrinth blogspot
Blog Page:  Flight to Bali


________________________________________


SKY PARK  IN  SINGAPORE








Opened 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment