Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day in Mission Texas

CHOIR OF SAINT PAUL'S CATHOLIC CHURCH  
1119 Francisco, Mission, TX  78572
Tel. no. 956-585-2701
http://www.stpaulsmissiontx.org


VIDEO


Recycled Web Page    5/10/15
________________________________________________________


The Winter Texan is back in Chicago, the real and true great City of Skyscrapers and Lights.
It's always been a joy and delight every time I fly in, looking down from my plane's window and see the endless miles of lighted streets, highways, houses and buildings.  As a world traveler, there's no place that can hold a candle when it comes to seeing Chicago from up in the sky in the early evening. 
If someday aliens from other planets should ever land their UFO on earth, the place to be is Butch O'Hare International Airport.  Why so?  The aliens will have an encounter of my kind: Their UFO, like my plane, will slowly pass beautiful downtown Chicago, see the beckon lights of building tops, circle the dark water of the great Lake Michigan and you will just get that feeling of being welcomed and hugged by the city.  I must admit and say, Mayor Richard M. Daley had done wonders in making the city the greatest of the great in my book. 
I should not say this because from what I've read and heard is not the experience of many other travelers: I've traveled a lot thorugh the years and so far my airline travels have been smooth and on time most of the time, even early.  Okay, I must admit there's one uncomfortable event on my United (Ted) flight from Las Vegas to Chicago a few years ago -- during the flight, unfortunately for me, not even halfway flight, the woman next to me got sick (she looked anorexic) and had to occupy my seat also.  The Goddess of Convenience, self,   what can I do?, had to stand on the aisle the rest of the whole flight since the plane was completely full! I related the story to my family and a relative asked if the flight attendant offered her seat.  I said no.  I forgot, did not care or realize, the crew had to seat, too.  Nevertheless, it's a flight I'll never forget.  Since then, I always pray no one get sick in my plane.
I don't even remember if I found a seat during the landing?
That bad!


Published 1/6/10  altgroup multiply
Web Page: Winter Texan News

1 comment:

  1. I rarely use my smart phone and so it's no wonder it outsmarted me again. I called for a taxi at the airport on my cellphone, each time it failed. Hmmm...I wonder why? In a rush to go home, I went to the airport's interactive desk. This was confusing: 18 or more AMERICAN TAXI popped up! They all looked the same so I pressed a "FLAT RATE" taxi. I usually pay $29.00 flat rate with AMERICAN TAXI. My American Taxi came but it was to my surprise a black car. Okay, I got in anyway. I arrived to my home sweet home and the guy charged me $40 bucks! What a scam. There ought to be ONE AMERICAN TAXI in Chicago. Next time, I'll just call 303 TAXI.

    Too late to think (I'm feeble-minded when in a rush): to reactivate my smart phone I have to press for few minutes, that's all!

    I hate phones.

    ReplyDelete