Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Jose Rizal Chicago Memorial FACC


JUNE 19: COMMEMORATING THE BIRTHDAY OF JOSE P. RIZAL - PHILIPPINE NATIONAL HERO



Martyr and Author of Noli Me Tangere (Touch Me Not) and El Filibusterismo (The Filibuster)



Rizal Monument



When visiting the Philippines, Filipinos and foreign leaders should stop and pay respect and honor to Dr. Jose Rizal at his memorial in Luneta.  The memorial is guarded 24 hours a day, rain or shine.


On October 18, 2003, the great American President George W. Bush paid respect and laid a wreath at the Rizal monument on his visit to address the National Congress, with the Philippine honor guards at full attention. 

Rizal Memorial at Filipino American Council of Chicago on Irving Park

Dr. Jose Protacio Rizal started reading and writing at age 2.  As an adult, he spoke more than 20 languages, including Latin, Greek, German, French and Chinese.  His last word when he was executed by the Spanish soldiers: "Consummatum est!"



Recycled Web Page

*******************************************************
Previous Publication  8/20/06  ALT MSN Groups
Web Page: Jose Rizal
*******************************************************

Dear Nilo, ALT Loyal Member,

You're not only a Filipino poet laureate but also an historian par excellence!  I really did not know this about our national hero and martyr,

Prolific Prudence


_____________________________________________________________

From: Nilo

Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:50:50 -0700 (PDT)





 everyone


        The Jose Rizal thing? Rizal and his friends went out boating one summer day


along pasig river...one of his wooden sandals decided to divorce from his foot and down it goes into the water..knowing that they cannot recover it anymore because of the strong downstream current..he threw the other pair in the direction of the floating


sandal..thinking that if someone, somehow down the river recover both..he will be happy...smart thinking eh..no wonder he is our national hero. 


         About the triplets...a lot of times we were asked if she took fertility pills..the truth is she did not..I was the fertility pill and I employed a patented technique which


I will disclose to you all when we see each other in Las Vegas.


  
Hi Y'all!


To say that Ilocanos are "matipid" is not true at all.  You got it all wrong my dear poet laureate - Ilocanos are really spendthrift - extravagant and wasteful.  I admire your lovely wife although I have not met her in person; why? because I heard from Bebs that you got triplets!  Very fertile and rich woman I must say.  Giving you lots of babies matipid ba 'yon? 


What is the Jose Rizal thing?


By the way, Linggot's  e-mail address said failed delivery.


Prolific Prudence


From:  nilo
Subject:  RE: CHIKA
Date:  Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:23:21 -0700 (PDT)
Manny...my lovely and sometimes not so lovely wife(when she gets mad at me) hails from the Ilocos region...Badoc, Ilocos Norte...Juan Luna's hometown.


Ilocos region....have you ever wondered why in the history of our republic ..not a single


I repeat..not a single Ilocano boxer became a world champion....MATIPID daw sila




sumontok...and lately my lovely wife of 36 years..is truly a genuine Ilocana..pati


sex tinitipid na rin niya ako...hehehehe...


        Manny ,if you are going to NY look up Fred Samala...remember him.  He used to take his shoes off in class..it stinks so bad,,,one day I was so pissed off  I threw a pair of his shoes in the garbage and up to this time he never knew who did it. What's funny is walking out the campus to take a jeepney home carrying his books in one hand and the other pair of shoes in the other...what a sight. He should
have done the


Jose Rizal thing...what good is it if the other pair is already gone floating in Pasig river.


        I  was trying to save this story for the vegas reunion...just can't help it ,,but I got


more...as
they say in those Filipino Komiks...abangan ang karugtong..



1 comment:

  1. Hi Nilo, Y'All Devoted Thomasians & L*U*S*T*,
    This is your undercover Thomasian, Prolific Prudence.  I have finally singled out, one by one, the photos of L*U*S*T* back when they were young dudes.   I'll upload them asap  in the http://groups.msn.com/Budz4ALT web site.
    Prime Minister Nilo: thanks for sharing with me your Casanova days.  But that's not what I heard from Susan.  She told me you were a perfect gentleman and an excellent host and guide when she visited her classmates in New York.  I have this old address of your classmate turned actor Vic Lising in California - 1989 Shadedwood Road, Diamond Bar, CA 91789.  I don't think he finished his med tech course?
    You have an excellent memory with or without your biloba.  JR accomplished so many things in his short life of martyrdom - is it 31 or 33?  I must confess I know so little of Philippine history.
    I'll attach separately a college photo and I'd appreciate it very much if you'd identify the other lover boys of UST.
    Thanks, Mr. Prime Minister of L*U*S*T*





    From:  nilo
    Subject:  Re: Jose Rizal
    Date:  Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:33:01 -0700 (PDT)



    Dear  Manny, BUST and LUST menbers  
          Manny should fit very well as lover of UST..so I am ..as the self proclaimed "PRIME" MINISTER of LUST..extending an invitation to Manny to become an "honorary"  
    member. ..he is the Ilocos region"s Casanova.  
          Budz..if my  Biloba Gingkoba enhanced memory serves me right..there are quite a few Jose Rizal movies..one actor named Montano portrayed him and former Miss  
    universe Gloria Diaz as one of his many girl friends.  
           Remember our own Vic Lising in the movie PINAKA MAGANDANG HAYOP  
    SA BUONG DAIGDIG...well..it turned out to be  PINAKA PANGIT NA MOVIE SA   
    BUONG DAIGDIG ..that was not my assesment ..those were the exact words coming from the mouth of someone I kissed several times during the showing of the movie  
    that was our second date...so I got lucky. Our first date..would you believe..we watch
      
    the TEN COMMANDMENTS... it is more like the ELEVEN COMMANDMENTS.  
    thou shall not kiss on the first date....after queuing up for about 2 hours,,the line was   
    a kilometer long...and not a single kiss...that's absolutely frustrating....thanks to   
    Vic Lising...and the song that says ...love is lovelier the second time around ..hehehe..   anyway have a great day boys and girls         
                 
      
      
      
    Dear Nilo, Cousinsin Manny, & Y'All:  
    Really and truly, you live up to your other known name as Lovers of UST (L*U*S*T*).  I'll put your photos in my web sites for babes to see how Casanova-looking you are!

    ReplyDelete