Monday, September 23, 2013

MHZ Networks The Half Brother




MHZ NETWORKS INTERNATIONAL MYSTERY NEW SEPTEMBER SCHEDULE: I've been watching every Monday night the 2013 ? film episodes of "The Half Brother."  It's an adaptation from the 2003 book by renowned and award-winning Norwegian author Lars Saabye Christensen.  What I love about the film is it mentioned my first car brand Buick, my favorite singer of all-time Cliff Richard, UK's great pop singer (I missed the meaning why Cliff Richard has 9 fingers ?), and one of my favorite songs "Daydream Believer" by the Monkees.  One of the main characters was named after P.T. Barnum and he grew up in the 60's.  Barnum's father was a circus performer.

I watch other MHZ international mystery films lineup - the best this season. 


Author Lars Christensen



Book Review 

__________________________________________

I have always been to mystery and detective drama.  I have not watched comedy shows on TV since Benny Hill.  Yep, that's telling.  When I was in London, the tour bus director did not like Benny Hill at all - he probably did not like his kind of slapstick comedy.
Every Monday and Wednesday night I'm glued on MHz Networks TV watching DON MATTEO - International Mystery and Drama film series.

Don Matteo, played by the forever handsome Terence Hill, is a priest (aka crime investigator) in the umbria region of Gubbio in northern Italy.  I think he should be a model for all priest - goodlooking, kind, helpful, positive disposition and above all saviour of soul.  One of my favorite episodes was an immigrant Filipino family living in Gubbio (you find Filipinos all over the world, just ask Detective Coliandro) and one of the guys was accused of attacking a bad employer with a venomous snake only found in the Philippines.  The Filipino actors speak very good Italian.










Published 3/6/13 lib's labyrinth
Web Page: Don Matteo

No comments:

Post a Comment