Thursday, July 17, 2014

Airlines Shotdown

TRAGEDY    MALAYSIA AIRLINES MH17 WITH 298 PASSENGERS,  CRASHED IN EASTERN UKRAINE WHILE EN ROUTE FROM AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS TO KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA.  

The plane was hit by surface-to-air missile capable of hitting flying objects in 30 seconds up to 72,000 feet.  The plane was on auto-pilot flying at 35,000 feet.  According to an unverified report,  Malaysia Airlines was told by International Aviation that it was safe to fly over the hot air space of Ukraine and Russia.  Russian separatists were the suspects.   There were about 150 Dutch, 80 children, 1 American, 8 ? Australians, other nationalities and 3 Filipinos on board.  

GUNAWAN  FAMILY

Philippine native Irene Pabellon Gunawan, 54, and her children Sheryll Shania, 14, and Daryll Dwight, 21, took off from Amsterdam's Schiphol International Airport to meet her  Indonesian husband, a Malaysian Airlines employee, in Kuala Lumpur and then visit her sister in the province of Quezon, Philippines.  Her daughter  Sheryll Shania was a high school student in Amsterdam and son was a medical student at VU University Amsterdam.








May they rest in peace





 Related Blog Page  July 17, 2014
________________________________________



HOW IRONIC!  A MALAYSIAN AIRLINES AD FROM TWO YEARS AGO.




Praying for the 239 passengers of flight 370 wherever they may be.   May they rest in peace. 



Recycled Web Page  March 31, 2014
__________________________________________________






I have nothing but high praises to high heavens to all the airline pilots of the world for getting me and my fellow travelers to our destination safely and always on time (so far).  Without these flying knights there are no world travelers.  Thank you all!
Airlines that I flew through the years:
1.  Air France - My first international airlines.
2.  Northwest Orient Airlines - Thanks for not flying with 2 flat tires and 1 blown engine and aborting the take-off in Seattle.  Or was it Anchorage?
3.  Trans World Airlines (TWA) - The best and smoothest landing I ever had in Las Vegas.  It was never duplicated.
4.  American Airlines - What ever happened to boxed lunch?
5.  United Airlines - Mostly not so young flight attendants but nice.
6.  Continental Airlines - I get a whole can of Coke and my favorite peanuts.
7.  British Airways - Very generous with minibottles of wine.  I never got my request of water though - probably due to my accent.
8.  Scandinavian Airway System (SAS) - I've never seen a flight attendant talked to a guy for 10 minutes.  I wondered what they were talking about?  Did not like the food being a carnivore.
9.  Alitalia - Satisfactory service.  No complaints.
10.  Turkish Airlines - My latest flight to Cairo.  Pretty good.  So far the best.  We were met on board by a real chef.  The food was plentiful and served every few hours.  I did not go hungry.  The flight attendants are all young, beautiful and very helpful.  I kept pressing (accidentally) the button and right away the smiling attendant was at my side.  Watched all the in-flight movies.


Published  11/9/10  altgroup multiply
Web Page:  Pilots of the World


1 comment:

  1. AMONG THE PASSENGERS: 154 DUTCH, 27 AUSTRALIANS, 23 MALAYSIANS, 11 INDONESIANS, 6 BRITISH, 4 GERMANS, 4 BELGIANS, 3 FILIPINOS AND 1 CANADIAN. 80 WERE CHILDREN.

    ReplyDelete