Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Avocado & Tomato


LABYRINTH GARDEN: MY GREEN TOMATOES ARE LATE IN GROWING. There's an October chill in the air so I have to bring my two tomato plants inside last week. I can harvest from one tomato plant many tomatoes and save myself some bucks in buying tomatoes from the grocery.  Many more flowers are growing.



____________________________________________________________

I JUST FOUND OUT MY PLANT OF PURPLE TOMATOES IS ALIVE!


 The tomatoes are not so purple, maybe they will turn purple when fully ripened.


The regular red tomatoes

Recycled Blog  lib's labyrinth

______________________________________________

I'M SO EXCITED MY TOMATOES JUST BLOOMED OVERNIGHT THIS SUMMER.  THE PLANT WAS INSIDE MY HOUSE SINCE WINTER OF 2013.   TOMATOES ARE VERY IMPORTANT INGREDIENT (WITH ONIONS) WHEN I COOK  MY  EGG OMELETTE.  AS MY FRIENDS KNOW  I  EAT 3 EGGS EVERY DAY - MY FAVORITE FOOD.  DID YOU KNOW THAT MY FAVORITE MYSTERY CHARACTER HERCULE POIROT GET UPSET IF HIS EGGS ARE NOT OF THE SAME SIZE? 

I have 9 tomatoes and many more flowers


Update  July 2014

______________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________



AVOCADO or "ALLIGATOR PEAR"

My favorite fruit in the Labyrinth Garden is the avocado (Persea americana). It was found in a cave in Puebla, central Mexico in 10,000 BC.

I have in my living room a big avocado houseplant, also. What I did was I stabbed the pit with three toothpicks, about one third of the way up. I then placed the pit in a plastic cup filled with water. It sprouted after waiting for 4 to 6 weeks.

I prefer eating avocado as a dessert or a smoothie. I don't like any other recipe such as guacamole dip or as a food. This is the only way for me -- I like scooping the avocado into crescent shape with a teaspoon, add Carnation milk (rich and creamy) and sugar to taste. I chill it for a while or if I want to eat it right away I add crushed ice cubes. Yummy!


Published  11/17/11 lib's labyrinth
Web Page: Avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment