Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chicago's 2016 Olympic Bid



DISAPPOINTED!

I know, I know...it's old news. I was in Portugal when it was announced Rio de Janeiro got the 2016 Olympic Games. President Lula of Brazil was crying tears of joy. And I was a sore loser.

It was a feeling. I knew from the very beginning Obama was going to jinx Chicago's bid in going to Copenhagen. I was saying to myself, self, I hope Obama would not go. The gods of Olympus have always been jealous of other gods -- like Obama the ONE. The No-Olympic Game headed by the annoying Tom Tresser further busted Chicago's dream of holding the Olympics.

It's hard to believe that Atlanta (there's nothing there) could hold an Olympic and Chicago (there's everything there) could not. As a proud Chicagoan, I'm kind of insulted.

From now on, I don't want to receive anything from the Olympic Games. You can keep your calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment