Monday, October 5, 2015

Greece Facts





Recycled Web Page



_____________________________________________________



First of all, I'm totally confident Chicago is going to get the most coveted 2016 Olympic Games.  How so?  The Oracle of Delphi told me so when I was in Greece a few years ago.  You don't believe?  Then, it's your problem.
Second, let me ask you this....how come Atlanta (there was not much attraction there), New York, Los Angeles, Utah and I forgot the other city, can hold it and not the great City of Chicago?  Chicago's got all the goods, it's the city that works.  What is the big deal? When I was in Mt. Olympus, I saw the one and only Olympic track there and it was not even big and long in my opinion.  I did run and made it in 1 minute and I was not even a runner.  Giggles.
Third, who are these folks blasting and criticizing the royalty Mayor Richard M. Daley of the Daley Dynasty? Chicagoans (some not most) who are against the Olympic Games being held in Chicago are not even born and bred in Chicago like him.  They are transplants.  I know very well the hard-working Mayor Daley and handsome Olympic Chairman Pat Ryan love Chicago and want to show the world Chicago is a great place to hold the Olympic Games.  Let me tell you something...my real hometown is Gary, Indiana, you know, the birthplace of Michael Jackson the King of Pop.  But I have lived in Chicago all my life -- I saw and experienced the awesome development, the transformation and the change for the better of the City of Chicago.  Mayor Daley made Chicago.  My family and friends concur with this observation.  And my college classmates will be amazed when they come to Chicago in September for the reunion. So comparing, the difference in Chicago of 1969 to/and 2009 just cannot be denied -- it's a city of convenience, serendipity and multidiversity; it's a city of big shoulders and big hearts.  It's a city that has a lot to offer.  Let's not waste the opportunity.  No guts, no glory.
Fourth, about the stupid complaint by Chi-Towners of Lake Shore Drive (LSD) having to close for 3 or 4 weeks should not be a problem.  Again, what is the big deal?  I have not driven north to south, south to north, in years!!  What are those expressways (Dan Ryan, Edens, Eisenhower, Stevenson and that longest street of Western Ave.) for?  Or, just take the train or bus.
I've always been a pragmatist, political and otherwise, let's make the ultimate goal of getting the 2016 Olympic Games in Chicago,

Chicago is the centerpiece.

Chicago Cow

Published  7/10/09  altgroup multiply
Web Page: Chicago's 2016 Olympic Bid

1 comment:

  1. YEAH, IT MAKES SENSE. IT'S NOT UNIQUE TO GREECE. IN AMERICA (I.E., CHICAGO) DEAD PEOPLE VOTE. IN SOME CASES, RELATIVES OF PEOPLE WHO ARE DECEASED DON'T REPORT THEY DIED AND KEEP GETTING SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS AND WELFARE BENEFITS.

    ReplyDelete