Monday, April 4, 2005

What are you....? The Purpose Driven Life:



Dear
Relatives, Friends and
Group Members:


       
Yes YouWhat
Are You? ....


Listening?....Well, right
now I'm listening to WLS Radio 89 Chicago, www.wlsam.com the mouthpiece of the "Host for
Life" and "America's News Anchor" Rush Limbaugh.  www.rushlimbaugh.com  It's the most
listen to radio station on the internet.  Last Saturday, April 2nd, as I
listened minute by minute of news about the condition of  Pope John Paul
II  to gabby John Gibson (the man with the funny brush-white hair with a
look alike kid from FOX CABLE NEWS who's substituting for Tony Snow), I heard
the pope passed away at 1:37 P.M. CST.  As soon as I heard it, his
inspiring life flashed in front of my eyes all at the same time if it was ever
possible: me with Chicagoans celebrating the pontifical Mass with the Pope John
Paul II, the stage surrounded with flowers of yellow mums, in 1979; his huge
statue welcoming me as I passed by at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in Mexico
City, the first country he visited as a pope; his two papal visits to the
Philippines where 45 million people joyously greeted the Pontiff and
attended the Mass and the pride of one Filipino guy in making the pope
mobile he used in Manila for the welcome parade.  And yes,  my shock
when one Saturday Night Live show many years back when a bald-headed woman
singer from Ireland (I forgot her sorry name) tore the picture of Pope John
Paul to pieces at the end of her song.  Everyone is fair game in the Land
of the Free! Somehow, the pope's assassination did not come into view. 
Perhaps because the pope had forgiven the man who shot him in Saint Peter's
Square.  I remembered all these things.  It's no wonder for according
to science, the human brain can store 100 trillion facts! 




Watching?....I know what
the folks are watching in southern Texas.  They are glued to FOX or MSNBC
videotaping the pope's death and what's going on in Rome.  I,
me myself, make it a point to watch on weekends the local morning
news.  I find the ubiquitous eye and van of CBS 2 always ever-present at
momentous time (the visit of Princess Diana at Northwestern University in
Evanston) and at brief local events and locations.  Imagine my surprise
last Saturday morning as I watch Jim and Alida  feature my small,
plain and quiet church of Saint Joan of Arc in Evanston.  We all have our
favorite local news anchors - I sometime watch handsome Antonio Mora and
beautiful Mary Ann Childers.




Reading?....I'm not into
reading for I listen to the radio and watch TV morning, noon and night. 
But this is beside the point - I'm sincerely grateful to Thomasian Vicky for my
gift of reading of a book by Rick Warren called The Purpose
Driven Life: What On Earth Am
I
Here For? I learned later that she bought two dozens
from Sam's Club as her Christmas gift to her dear friends!  I'm really and
truly delighted to be thought of in such a way.  Thanks again, Thomasian
Vicky!


Eating?....I just finished
eating my last big box of m m m m yummy Ferrero Prestige
chocolate.  I ate the whole thing of my favorite Ferrero Manderly, Mon
Cheri, and Ferrero Rocher (a special favorite of Thomasian Susan, too!).


If my life is fruitless, it does not matter who praises me, and if my
life is fruitful, it doesn't matter who criticizes
me.

                                                                       -John Bunyan



For A. L. T. Publication - General
web page




Published  4/4/05  ALT MSN Group
Web Page: What are you....?

11 comments:

  1. I'm watching the TV coverage of Pope John Paul inside the Vatican.  It's a first and very historic.  Very moving.  As an apostle of Christ 2000 years later, the pope did a remarkable job in following the footsteps and acts of his predecessors.   CC

    ReplyDelete
  2.  
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Association of
    Laboratory Technologists
    To: Association of
    Laboratory Technologists
    Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 12:52 PM
    Subject: Re: What are you....?






    New Message on Association
    of Laboratory Technologists



    What are
    you....?






    Reply





     
    Recommend
    Message 8 in Discussion






    <td class="

    ReplyDelete
  3.    ALIAS is full of intriguing characters and places with its beautiful superspies.        Fans were not disappointed when it was  picked up again for another season.  

    ReplyDelete
  4.  
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Association of
    Laboratory Technologists
    To: Association of
    Laboratory Technologists
    Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 1:35 PM
    Subject: Re: What are you....?






    New Message on Association
    of Laboratory Technologists



    What are
    you....?






    Reply





     
    Recommend
    Message 9 in Discussion






    <td class="T

    ReplyDelete
  5. hoping...something will come out of the investigation by the atty. gen..   what a dilemma!    

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... Eating my especially prepared favorite dessert ...   Place in a bowl (big or small who cares) a slice of white bread. 4 scoops of vanilla Haagen Dazs ice cream. Cover with "Leche Flan" (Pinoy recipe is better) or custard to Americans with plenty or a little of the caramel sauce (as you like it).      Really yummy!      

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm walking like an Egyptian >>>> 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I FEEL GOOD! 
     
    I can
    see clearly now the leaves are gone....the big 3 maple
    trees and 11 shrubs with their profusion of long branches make my yard
    looked more like a wild forest.  All I see is green and brown. 
    But now the sky has opened - I see complimentary colors of green, blue and
    white.  My Mexican amigo Jesus and his small crew of  migrant
    workers did the trimming and now my yard is like a clean, well-manicured
    park.  What a joy to see! What a beautiful sight!  If not for the
    hard-working migrant workers  I'd be paying a fortune to have such thing
    done.  I appreciate the policy of the Bush Administration for being so kind
    to the poor migrant workers from South America and Asia.  Frankly, I don't
    quite understand the bashing of the folks from south of the border.  The 19
    terrorists were young, well-to-do students from the Middle East and they entered
    at the northern border of Canada.
     
    SUMMER
    MOVIES
     
    Young and good-looking Filipino actor Cesar
    Montano has a bit role on the World War II film The Great Raid to be released this Friday,
    August 12.  The heart of the story is the unbelievable great escape of
    American soldiers being held in a Japanese prison camp in the province of Nueva
    Ecija, Philippines.  The main actor is handsome Benjamin Bratt and who'll
    also be starring in the new NBC Fall TV show of E-RING.  I have no doubt
    the Texas folks who are almost daily moviegoers (theatre tickets are only
     $4.50 for new films) will see this film which is a long-time coming. 
    Hey, you guys, go down the next door - Rob Schneider has a funny film - part 3
    of Deuce Bigelow, European Gigolo.
     
    NETWORK DOMINATION
     
    One by one they go.  The news
    triumvirate of Brokaw, Jennings and Rather of the 80's and 90's are no
    more.  ABC anchorman Peter Jennings lost his life to lung cancer at the
    young age of 67.  I have to confess I'm one of some who rarely see the
    nightly news because of my work schedule (9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.).  It will be
    7 or 8 p.m. by the tim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not into war movies but if it's something about the Philippines I'll go see THE GREAT RAID.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, let's go see The Great Raid and Deuce Bigelow.  2 thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete