Wednesday, January 8, 2014

PanAm Clipper 1935


COME FLY WITH PANAM AIRWAYS (OUT OF SERVICE):  ANYTHING NEW IN INVENTIONS AND TECHNOLOGICAL WONDERS DON'T COME CHEAP.  THE CLIPPER IN THE PHILIPPINES IN 1935.
_______________________________________________________________


Previously Published on November 9, 2010 altgroup
****************************************

I have nothing but high praises to high heavens to all the airline pilots of the world for getting me and my fellow travelers to our destination safely and always on time (so far).  Without these flying knights there are no world travelers.  Thank you all!
Airlines that I flew through the years:
1.  Air France - My first international airlines.
2.  Northwest Orient Airlines - Thanks for not flying with 2 flat tires and 1 blown engine and aborting the take-off in Seattle.  Or was it Anchorage?
3.  Trans World Airlines (TWA) - The best and smoothest landing I ever had in Las Vegas.  It was never duplicated.
4.  American Airlines - What ever happened to boxed lunch?
5.  United Airlines - Mostly not so young flight attendants but nice.
6.  Continental Airlines - I get a whole can of Coke and my favorite peanuts.
7.  British Airways - Very generous with minibottles of wine.  I never got my request of water though - probably due to my accent.
8.  Scandinavian Airway System (SAS) - I've never seen a flight attendant talked to a guy for 10 minutes.  I wondered what they were talking about?  Did not like the food being a carnivore.
9.  Alitalia - Satisfactory service.  No complaints.
10.  Turkish Airlines - My latest flight to Cairo.  Pretty good.  So far the best.  We were met on board by a real chef.  The food was plentiful and served every few hours.  I did not go hungry.  The flight attendants are all young, beautiful and very helpful.  I kept pressing (accidentally) the button and right away the smiling attendant was at my side.  Watched all the in-flight movies.


UPDATE:
11.  Copa Airlines - On time, food not bad and smooth landing
12.  TAM Brazilian Airlines - On time, short flight, smooth landing
13.  Aerolineas Argentina - On time, fabulous flight, smooth landing
14.  Sky Airlines - On time, long flight, food not bad, smooth landing
15.  LAN Airlines - On time, food not bad, not stingy on soda pop and snacks, smooth landing
I must say these South American pilots know how to land their planes! I'm impressed!
Skyview of Iguassu Falls
Above the Andes Mountain
Lima to Cuzco



Published  12/2/12  lib's labyrinth
Blog Page: Pilots of the World

No comments:

Post a Comment