Monday, July 2, 2012

OfficeMax

OFFICEMAX? NOT!

CALL THE STORE OFFICEMIN-imum.

Really and truly, I'm really a very patient and understanding customer.  Companies tend to layoff employees when business is slow and the economy is in the doldrums.

Last Wednesday, June 27, 12:15 pm, I went to the OfficeMax Evanston store to have some color copies made and for book-binding.  I asked an employee if anyone is taking care of the printing IMPRESS section.  She said the guy is having his lunch and may be back in 30 minutes.  Since I had other things to do and had to put things in order I told her I'll just wait for him.  I started using the color printer but it kept on jamming so I called the guy who I found out later was the manager.   He told me the other way of making copies and it worked.  I was done with the whole thing in about 20 minutes.  About 1:15 pm I could not wait any longer for my book-binding.  OfficeMax employees have it so good - an hour for lunch time!  Yeah, I was really patient and I've had it after an hour of waiting.  I went to the cashier on the other side and told her I'm going to report this particular store to the management.  She asked if I would like to talk to the manager?  I said, "Oh, okay."  It turned out the store manager was the one who helped me how to use the color printer.  He assumed I only wanted to use the color printer.  If "he knew" that I wanted to have some book-binding done he could have helped me "himself."  Ya, right! There were 4 employees that I saw in the big store and they were all so blind that I was sitting and waiting at the printing section.  By the way, the printing section guy finally came back around 1:20 pm or so.  I finally got my book-binding done!

Lesson learned: Don't go to any store, big or small, at lunch time.  Employees are OUT TO LUNCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment