Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Power Blocs



Religion is such a touchy subject when it comes to my political views.  I don't discuss religion with my friends when politics is involved.  Here in America, I have read in a survey that Republicans are more religious than Democrats. That there are 2 Conservatives for 1 Democrat.  Give me a break.  I don't believe it.  In the last presidential election, California Democrats voted 80% for Obama who has no known affiliated religion, except he was present for 20 years listening to the rants of Reverend Jeremiah Wright in his Chicago church. In the southern bible belt, 100% of Baptist blacks voted for Obama.  Blood will always be thicker than water, brother (sister).  Take for instance Bush's former Secretary of State Colin Powell - he voted for his black brother Obama.  No doubt if he did not he'd be called Uncle Tom. I'm guilty of this for I would have done the same thing when I do vote for Miss Philippines in the Miss Universe contest, any Filipino or Ilocano or anything. And I'm not sorry.  It's just the way it is. I wonder what Obama and his family do on Sundays?  Do they kneel, bow down and pray 4 times in a day or play basketball and other games? Not that I care, I just wonder.  So, does religion matter? No, religion does not matter when it comes to politics. It's been my longtime observation that money in the form of social welfare for any Democrats, poor and well-to-do, will always trump up religion.  Most, if not all of my friends vote Democrats.  It's not kind to criticize these folks because they have their union jobs and family to think and care of.  No money, no family.  A friend told me I'm the only Republican in Evanston, a Democrat stronghold.  One may ask why Jews, supposed to be very religious people, vote Democrat?  Again, because when it comes to money and social causes, religion is of no consequence to them.



Everyone's god is money.  Hey, if you find one who's not, I'd like to meet him or her.



00309189.jpg








Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 13:32:13 -0700
From: tim
Subject: Fw:
To: lib




Tim wrote.. JUST SHARING




Tim  is sharing this article with you. Click the link below to read the article.

Power blocs


http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=719988



-->

No comments:

Post a Comment