Wednesday, August 24, 2011

See Venice, Italy at Night Fall

VIDEO LINK

http://youtu.be/WbnScNS5lxs




You just keep your motor running, SkyG!  Pretty soon, you and Tina and batchmates are embarking in your Mediterranean cruise.  I bet you are all going to have a lot of fun and food and gain some pounds.  I weighed myself this morning and gained 5 lbs. as expected from eating lechon kawali, inihaw na baboy, leche flan, French crueller and other favorites and drinking lots of cold tap water from Lake Michigan's Chicago water filtration plant -- voted by me to be the best water and modern filtration system in the world.  It's true.

Turn on your cruise control and we'll see you in November.

 Ciao, baby!



00049899.jpg
 



Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:56:26 -0700
From: chinamoon
Subject: Re: See Venice, Italy at Night Fall
To: libok, it's a deal! so mga november seguro yon, cuz october ako route 66, he he and they said first check will be the month after!  tra la la! we will eat at el barco and make reservations so we don't have to stand in line.  soon as i can mail the moolah, iwill for the mouse pads!





From: Lib
To: MANILAHIGHSCHOOLALUMNI
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 5:21 PM
Subject: FW: See Venice, Italy at Night Fall





Hi, SkyG!

What a mess! Vicky (not Veronica) had the same problem with basement flooding.  She told me that she never had flooding before and it was the first time that it happened.  I guess there will be cracks in the foundation when a house gets old.  The water drainage systems could not contain the flood and sewage also.  Mila's car had to be repaired at an amazing cost of $9,000 (car insurance will pay) because of  hails the size of tennis balls bombarded her car last day of June or first day of July (?). 

Yep, the birthday route to 66 is just around the corner.  Sure, the three of us are going to celebrate with you.  We found this very popular seafood restaurant but one time we went there the place was full and there was a long line.  It's reasonably cheap and the ambience is quite good.  Have you eaten here?

El Barco Seafood
1035 N. Ashland Ave., Chicago, IL. 60622
Tel# 773-486-6850

Sabi ko kalimutan ang pera but if you insist I don't persist.  Thank you and I appreciate.

Have a good flight!

GoC



Contaminated fish warning sign






Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:14:13 -0700
From: chinamoon
Subject: Re: See Venice, Italy at Night Fall
To: lib



pareho na lang tayo!  i also spent a few for tiling my basement bedroom when it got flooded one day of the heavy rains, the drain got clogged with leaves and so the water overflowed inside the basement and nobody was there so hello, big surprise, basa ang carpet and of course, it smelled.  so i had it ripped and tiled, then tiled the outside wall of the brick that had been eroding, also my water bill was so high the watermanagement people wrote me a letter that may be i had a leak.  true enough, the toilet in the basement was leaking! pareho na rin! so my advantage with you is that i could pick up trips still to make up for the expenses.  kaya hindi na seguro ako makakapagretire at 66!  he he.  malapit na.  i will be able to file for my SS pension! hip hip, horray!  i will treat you to a nice dinner with your best buddy be it veronica or milagros or both of them, just tell me the days both of them and you, my lady of convenience are ready after october.  he he he! another exciting day of my life to look forward to!


margie gave me the $30 already and plus mine there is $60 here for your charity.  i will mail it to you soon as i can nd you know that means i have to have stamp,  right and then to the PO!




ok, hope you are well.  i am starting my work tomorrow and finish on the 29th.  i have hongkongs and shanghai and stockholm this month.  til then.









From: Lib
To: MANILAHIGHSCHOOLALUMNI
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:42 PM
Subject: FW: See Venice, Italy at Night Fall






Hi, SkyG!

Okedoke.  Ya, it was mentioned by Tina that you were on your way to the Philippines.  Nakabalik ka na pala.  Ang bilis.  So, no one took the FedEx envelope after all except you. LOL.  I know how busy you are and frankly, I don't know how you guys do it.  [The folks in the Philippines gave some gifts for me to give to my big bro and sis-in-law in Texas when I was there in February -- it was only last week that I had the time to mail the package.  The folks were probably wondering na wala man TY sila big bro.  Hey, if you want something done or some request don't ask the Goddess of Convenience]. 

I was in a rush that day and no time to have a short chat with you because Mila was driving and we just came from a housewarming party from the far suburb.  Those mousepads are personal gifts from me to you, Margie and Lydia (assuming nagkikita pa kayo kahit saan) and not for fundraising because I don't think no one would be interested in having them because of our photos even though they are all beautiful. Forget the 30 bucks.  Ruby e-mailed me that she got the MHS mousepad, a different one and no photos of her batchmates, and is going to bring it to her office.

Thanks for the invite Te but I'd rather save my money for my trip to Chile, Argentina and Brazil next year.  However, I had a hard time saving this year because of home improvement and maintenance and other miscellaneous expenses:



  • New dryer.......................................  $600

  • Electrician.......................................  $675

  • Hydro jet for clog laundry sink...........  $475

  • Deck Power washing/stains................ $800      

  • 4 Philippine relatives request for (free)
gift of money, hindi utang............................  $3,500   Ha-ha-ha!  Binigay ko kasi I have not seen them for 35 years.  While when I attend birthday or wedding parties here in the States I give $400 (shower and wedding) as gifts to the celebrants.  It seems like that every year.

It's good to know Edwin is feeling good and healthy.  Have a wonderful time in your Mediterranean cruise with batchmates and friends.

GoC


00402557.jpg







Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 19:36:47 -0700
From: chinamoon
Subject: Re: FW: See Venice, Italy at Night Fall
To: lib






Miss Wah!  i just found your envelope that you left to whoever by my door in my house.  i think that was jd's bday celeb  on the 23rd of july!  i just came back from pinas last night and was cleaning up all over the house and found a fedex or usmail white envelope and it was from you, top of my dresser table in my bedroom. of course, it was covered by my many papers, etc.  and when i cleaned up, voila there it is!  i even showed the mouse pads to edwin and said, look at these things, b ut why are there three pieces, who do i give the others to?  i was going to email you or call you tomorrow, pero naunahan mo na ako!  thanks  very much.  i think it was a fundraiser that i did not contribute to, so let me do it and i will also tell margie to give.  i think it was $30 right, cuz i saved the email.  i will see margie's daughter tomorrow and i can give it to her.
so how have you been GF, miss na kita.  wala tayong get-together and it is way over half of the year already!  no picnic, no church, ano ba yan!  sayang that you are not going to pinas again or take the cruise.  would you like to come to pinas with me on the pass?  it will costs you only $700 RT standby.  if we plan it right, we can make it.  think about it, i will take care of your lodging and board. and take you anywhere they want us to be!  it will be fun and not too much money.  think about it ok.  Ed and i are going to join them on the cruise to the mediterranean.  i'd been to most of the ports of call but am going for the company.  anyways, it was good to hear from you and thank you very much for everything you have done for me and more.  hoping to see you soon before simbang gabi comes along!


--- On Wed, 8/17/11, Librada wrote:



From: Lib
Subject: FW: See Venice, Italy at Night Fall
To: MANILAHIGHSCHOOLALUMNI
Date: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 7:48 PM






Hi, SkyGoddess & Tina!

Yeah, that's true all over in Europe and everywhere.  Sa Pilipinas lang yata pwedeng umistambay sa megamall at kahit saan.  LOL!  I guess Te you did not get the 3 gifts of MHS mousepads (extra from my creative photos) for you, Margie and Lydia that I had put in your front door last July 23.  Since you did not mention it that you got them, then someone might have taken the envelope.  I mailed one mousepad to Ruby because she was so kind to send me UST T-shirt and a magazine celebrating the 400th anniversary of my school.

Wherever you are, there you are.

Safe travels always.

GoC







Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 08:13:36 -0700
From: chinamoon
Subject: Re: See Venice, Italy at Night Fall
To: lib




Tina, Lib's info about sitting by the tables infront of restaurants in venice or anywhere else in europe means you are going to order something is correct.  not only in venice GF but anywhere in europe inside or outside any restaurants.  they don't consider resting b y the table standard.  it means you are going to order.  one more thing, if you buy something inside the restaurant and eat it on the table, hindi rin puede cuz barside is cheaper and table service is more  money about 50 cents more euros!  so let us not make that mistake ever as they don't look at that mistake kindly!

--- On Wed, 8/10/11, Librada wrote:



From: Lib
Subject: See Venice, Italy at Night Fall
To: "MANILAHIGHSCHOOLALUMNI
Date: Wednesday, August 10, 2011, 4:37 PM

Hi, Tina!

You're just counting the days and waiting.  I was in Venice in 1998 just for two days and it was very memorable for me -- I was waiting for my tour group at the wrong place and almost left behind for the gondola ride; I found out you're not allowed to seat in one of the many tables in front of the restaurant cafe unless you order something.  I've only seen this once in a travel brochure, very rare but maybe not to others - a photo of a very large cruise ship docked in the port of Venice.  I've always wanted to snap that kind of picture for my album but I think there were no cruise ship touring that day.  So, just in case, no doubt you're going to take a photo of you, cruisemates and your cruise ship in Venice.  Take one for me and that will be a spectacular picture! Thanks for sharing. 

Happy cruising!

Lib



00163720.jpg





Published  8/24/11   altgroup  multiply
Web Page:  FW:  See Venice, Italy at Night Fall 


No comments:

Post a Comment