Sunday, September 20, 1998

Maze: Holland


HOLLAND - LAND OF THE TULIPS
I only have a very good memoy of Holland.  The people were very friendly and honest.  I bought a postcard in one of the souvenir stores in Vollendam and forgot my brand-new expensive camera inside.  The owner kept it for me not knowing I'd return for it for I was just a passing tourist. I did not remember until I was back in the bus.  The bus was almost ready to leave.  I told the tour director I'd left my camera in one of the stores and they have to wait for me.  I ran like a Marathon runner.  A friend of mine forgot her camera at Marshall Fields in Chicago, lost it and never to be found. 


The Trip to the Netherlands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QvxIu9KuRg 3:39

Taking a look at the inside of a windmill

You look at this picture and you know it's Vollendam



Joke from Holland: A Dutchman was explaining the red, white and blue Netherlands flag to an American.  "Our flag is symbolic of our taxes.  We get red when we talk about them, white when we get our tax bills, and blue after we pay them." The American nodded, "It's the same in the United States of America only we see stars too!




 








Chess or Cheese?



Diamonds are forever: This lady from the diamond center in Amsterdam looked like the beautiful award-winning actress Penelope Cruz.  She was showing us some diamonds.  I bought a teeny-weeny one.




Day trip to Amsterdam




Internet Publication:

lib's labyrinth
altgroup multiply
ALT MSN Group
7/8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment