Thursday, September 17, 1998

Maze: London




EVERYONE KIND OF BLEND IN THIS HISTORIC AND ROYAL CITY OF LONDON.  My friend Gloria and I had plenty of time before checking in (3:00 P.M.) at the Hilton Hotel.  We landed at Heathrow around 7:30 A.M.  We left our luggages with the Filipino concierge and started exploring the city. We walked and walked down Kensington Road to Kensington Palace.  We paid an entrance fee of $5.00 to see the former home of Princess Diana.  Then to Harrod's department store and ate our lunch at their extraordinary food court down the basement.  I think it's the biggest food court in the world in one single building.  But then, I've never been to that Mall of America in Minnesota.  A lot of very obvious security camera, not hidden and don't care if customers see it.  I bought some souvenir wallets.

Don't go to an evening cruise at the River Thames.  I didn't see much of anything because it was so dark.  Even the British Parliament was not well-lighted.  Maybe it was but my photos came out dark.  I'll do the day cruise the next time I go back there.  Picadilly Circus was just too dark for me too.  At quarter to eleven, we thought we were going to miss our double-decker bus so we hurried to the bus stop.  Going back home to America, the security at the London airport was very tight (this was before 9/11).  You have to walk a long way, me dragging 3 luggages, and go round and round to reach the departure gate.  It was really inconvenient and difficult with all our hand carries.  What's more, the walk escalators were off, must be saving on the electricity.




England Pride  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd_3OTMClzM

Queen Victoria - Kensington Palace


The statue was sculpted by one of Queen Victoria's daughters

Picadilly Circus
Kensington Garden


Internet Publication:
lib's labyrinth
altgroup multiply
ALT MSN Group
7/8/10 


No comments:

Post a Comment