Saturday, September 26, 1998

Maze: Venice

START THE MORNING IN STYLE by private boat along the Giudecca canal.

HOME OF ST. MARK'S SQUARE, DOGE'S PALACE AND THE BRIDGE OF SIGH.  There's no place like it and hopefully it will be preserved for hundreds of years.  I was almost left behind for the gondola ride. I was waiting for my tour group, at the wrong gathering place I found out.  They'd been waiting and waiting for me at the other side of the Bell Tower.  Finally they couldn't wait anymore.  In St. Mark Square, you're not allowed to sit on any restaurant chair for a little while unless you order something.  By sheer luck the group passed by to where I was seated on the way to the dock.  During the gondola ride I kind of rock the boat.  I got a nasty look from the other riders.  The canals are only 6 feet deep.  I better wrap my small bag in plastics next time I visit beautiful Venice.


Once Upon A Time In Venice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W77SgfrbSEE 3:05



Venice is not sinking!


Internet Publication:

lib's labyrinth
altgroup multiply
ALT  MSN Group
6/19/10

No comments:

Post a Comment