Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The Underbird





Charlie Brown, a comic strip character, identified with the
underdog because he always felt like one.  In one scene he was building a
birdhouse when the cynical Lucy came by.  "I'm building it for sparrows,"
Charlie told her.  Lucy said, "For sparrows? "Nobody builds birdhouses for
sparrows."  "I do, replied Charlie Brown.  "I always stick up for the
underbird."




My dear relatives
and friends in Texas, California and Florida - I know you can't care less what
happens here in Illinois.  I know you're busy with your own jobs and
problems.  But as champion of the underdog, I want you to know how much the
former governor of Illinois and a Nobel Prize nominee, GEORGE
RYAN,  is very much persecuted, unjustly maligned and called
dirty names by the news media.  What happened to 'innocent until
proven guilty?'  The case of racketeering and corruption against this good
and honest man is so weak and yet to be proven in the halls and court of
justice.    Nothing happens in the City of Chicago without the
knowledge and blessing of the honorable mayor.  Jailbird Scott Fawell,
right-hand man of George Ryan, convicted of illegally using State employees for
political gain and bid-rigging of McCormick Place, is going to sing for the
enjoyment of the Feds to lessen his term in a South
Dakota prison.




I hope George Ryan gets a
Charlie Brown.




For A.L.T. Publication - Footprints 
and Inspiration web page.

Published 9/15/04  ALT  MSN Group
Web Page: The Underbird



No comments:

Post a Comment