Thursday, September 24, 2009

ALT Travel Rome Trevi

Hi ALT PRO Mila,
Thanks for asking me about Italy since I was just there a few months ago.  My choice is the Eternal City of Rome as your extended destination from Oberammergau, Germany.  I've never been to see the Passion Play because it's held for every 10 years only.  I wonder since it's in German do they have a big screen translating the play in English?  I know, more or less, we know about the passion of Jesus Christ but I find it difficult to listen to languages I don't understand.  When I was in China to see the Peking Opera they had a screen with English translation.  But then, instead of watching the players, your eyes are diverted to the screen.
Here are some snapshots of La Dolce Roma:

The cupola of St. Peter's Basilica from afar


Tour bus waiting for tourists
I love looking at the umbrella pine trees


 St. Jude Thaddeus Church - opposite the Trevi Fountain





Fountain of Trevi


This reminds me of Chicago or vice versa
O'Hare International Airport - on the way to Italy
The Colosseum





The SkyGoddess told me they found by chance this Filipino restaurant while walking in Rome.
Yeah, I think spending 3 days in Rome is plenty time to see all the famous sites.

Happy traveling!

The Constant Traveler



Published  1/15/10  lib's labyrinth blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment