Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ellen of Toronto in Chicago

I had a wonderful time with Ellen (aka Ubing) who's almost done with her Sysmex hematology instrument training in Vernon Hills, a suburb of Chicago and more than 30-minute drive from my Skokie crib.  I called my favorite friend Susan who lives in the area to meet us at the Indigo Hotel.  Going north I did not see the hotel as you can only see the sign when you're heading south.  I got all the way to Libertyville.  I called the hotel for a landmark, 2 blocks from Rte. 60, and chatted with both Ellen and Susan who were anxiously waiting at the lobby.  I arrived at the hotel after 7 minutes, around 6:35 P.M.  Since, we're all hungry and Susan was familiar with restaurants in the area, we hurried and drove to On The Border Mexican Restaurant just a stone-throw from Indigo.  Ellen picked Mexican food - she said she's still in a margarita mood.  She just came back from a Mexican vacation with her very good friend Gatchi.



Tan and lovely Ellen ordered her margarita, drinking her way to margaritaville.
Pedro preparing our guacamole. It's good.
Just between us. I prefer how Filipinos prepare their avocados - milk and sugar. 
BLAST FROM THE PAST WITH ELLEN
New Year in Palm Spring
Christmas in Anaheim with Lucy & Vicky
Ellen cooking or something
Nora's son Noel playing goofy
.

No comments:

Post a Comment