Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rick Steves' Europe: Disaster in the Cinque Terre

I watch Rick Steves all the time on PBS.

Couple viewing camera footage at the Coliseum



From: jpl
Subject: FW: Rick Steves' Europe: Disaster in the Cinque Terre
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:13:10 -0600

This disaster broke my heart as the Cinque Terre is just a magical place, so beautiful, 5 towns on the edge of the Ligurian Sea. We went there after my daughter's wedding in Brescia. We hiked the trail & the scenery was amazing to look back at the town from a higher ground. 
That is one place I would love to go back again. Josie



Hi Josie - thought you may be interested in this.  I have forwarded it to Lilia.  I can imagine how the waters gushed down to the centers - all those hills! Hopefully our cute little hotel in Monterosso wasn't affected.

Hope you are well these days.  Wishing you and your family a Very Happy Thanksgiving.

Best regards,

Marietta





-->

No comments:

Post a Comment