Tuesday, November 2, 2004

E-Day



Today is the
day ... Election Day.  I woke up this
cloudy morning with so much great expectation.  I'll say it loud and
I'll say it proud.  I am a faithful voter.  I am a responsible
citizen exercising my right and freedom to vote under the protection of the
American Constitution.  Citizens of the world living under monarchy and
dictatorship have been denied such call for political and civic duty.  This
day is another memorable history in the making.


There's a
slight drizzle as I walked to my car to drive to my polling place.  There's
one thing I'm proud of my district - my name is always in the list of
voters.  The election officers are well-trained, competent, very
helpful and respectful.  I was shown to my booth and I started to
punch the names of my chosen candidates.  I have a slight dyslexia and I
have always been afraid I'd punch the wrong candidate.  So, I'd read the
names three or four times.  I skipped voting for the judges.  There
are so many of them and saying yes or no to retain them will be a
waste of time and quite stupid for I don't know who or what they are. 
I voted NO to government funding of substance abusers.  If you have money
to buy drugs, you have money to pay for it  your
own.


We'll be back to normality the day
after today.  The choice is clear and the clear choice is President
Bush.  I have no doubt about this.  Forsaking blind and unthinking
allegiance, voters of this great nation will realize vacillation is absolutely
not the right way to a stronger defense and security.  I totally
reject voting for a spineless, splish-splash leader.

My wishful thinking is for President
Bush to give marvelous Martha
Stewart
an early pardon after his re-election.    She
needs to be home with her good things for the holiday.  Christmas is a
season of peace and forgiveness.  My yard is full of leaves and twigs
now.  She must be missing here beautiful garden.  It was so windy a
few days ago and the trees are all bare of leaves and squirrel's holes are
everywhere.  I wonder where is  Mexican Tony, my human lawnmower? He
calls me "Yes, Ma'am" all the time.  I better give him a call.  I need
a fall clean-up.


This is the last week. A.L.T.
Vice-President Melba will be a
resident of the Land of Lincoln.  She has a good-paying job waiting for her
in California.  We all will miss her at our A.L.T - RHC Christmas Party at
the CHicago Brauhaus
first week of December. 


A.L.T.
all-time favorite supreme singing diva DIANA ROSS will be a guest on THE VIEW (ABC) this
coming November 4th, Thursday.  I hope she'll sing my favorite song
"Someday Will Be Together."


My footlong Subway Seafood Combination on
toasted white bread (I got a $1 discount coupon) and Affy Tapple are
waiting for my first bite....Taste so good!


 Hey!  Whatever you are....be a good
one!



For A.L.T. Publication - News
Potpourri web page.


1 comment:

  1. This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.

    ReplyDelete