Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mega-Mentalist Sidney Friedman


WHAT'S NEW WITH SIDNEY FRIEDMAN? HE'S BRRRRILLANT!

_________________________________________________

MEGA-MENTALIST SIDNEY FRIEDMAN

Last Tuesday, January 17th, I attended the 2012 Customer Appreciation Dinner at Doubletree Hotel in Skokie. I was not able to attend last year appreciation dinner because I was busy preparing for my trip to the Philippines and Indonesia. I was told last year's theme was "physical." This year the theme was "mental." So it's just most appropriate to have Mega-Mentalist Sidney Friedman to entertain us for most of the evening.

Let's get mental:

The mega-mind power of Sidney Friedman had to be believed and seen in person. He's a mathematical genius - he asked one lady in the audience to give him any number - which was 17. He had a board with squares and with his back from the board he started calling a number with someone writing the number on the board. All the numbers when added in the squares were all equal to 17!


The highlight for me:

It was an exciting mental exercise until I was picked. The more it got exciting and amazing at least to me! Sidney went to the left, middle and right side of the room to where I was seated and I was the last one of the six to be chosen. At the stage, Sidney did not ask us for our names but asked us for our astrological sign. With his back behind us we were told to pick a large-sized envelope, then pick one thing inside a bag and put it inside the envelope. Like in a musical chair we were told to pass the envelope to one another, faster and faster, until he said stop. Sidney took one envelope from the first, put the envelope up to his forehead, close his eyes and say a little something good or not so bad about the owner. After a short while he went to the rightful owner and he got it right. He kept getting it right until the last two remaining, self (last one), and a teenage girl before me in the line. To make it interesting he said he took the two envelopes. He did the same thing of putting the envelopes near his forehead, closed his eyes and appeared to be in deep thought. He told the audience the owner of this envelope (mine) has a "dirty mind." Ha-ha-ha! Laughters from the crowd! Hey, I said to myself, this is war between the mega-mentalist and the pisces psychic me -- finally he added - the person is bold and once made a decision there's no changing of the mind or something like that. Finally, he walked to the teen next to me and asked her if that was hers (balloon inside the envelope). She said yes. Of course, the last envelope with mini-toilet toy was mine. Clap, clap, clap!!! All in all, Sidney is 99.999 % correct. His predictions are eerily accurate indeed.


Special for the appreciation dinner attendees, Sidney prepared for us life-improvement mind power tips from http://www.sidneyfriedman.com/ which was handed to us before going to wherever at the end of the evening. Inside the brochure flyer he has some mental questions:

What English language word begins with an E, ends with an E, yet contains only one letter.

What is broken everytime it is spoken?

Email Sidney for answer. sidney@sidneyfriedman.com

(Yeah, I know the answers myself)

Early in the evening, after entering the party room I was looking around for any table for the room was already full with more than 300 guests. Some friendly people called out to me that they saved a chair for me. I was also looking for a friend among the crowd but did not see anyone. Because I was on the stage, a fellow laboratory co-worker (Rickie) from more than 20 years ago recognized me even though I changed a lot (gained weight from 110 lbs. to 165 etc...). Isn't that mental or what! Hugs and kisses on the cheeks.


Published  1/21/12

No comments:

Post a Comment