Saturday, November 1, 2008

What's Up? Texas Aunt Daisy



I'M BACK! I JUST CAME
BACK FROM THE VITAL VALLEY OF THE RIO GRANDE AND HISTORIC SAN
ANTONIO.


I snapped a lot of photos of my trip across
southern Texas and the big 80th birthday bash of my Aunt Daisy.  I'll
upload the photos upon my convenience.



While waiting for my connecting
fight at the George H. W. Bush International Airport in Houston, I
called my college batchmate Nilo on my cellphone just to greet him hello and
'Happy Halloween.'  He was not at his real estate office but his
very capable secretary connected me to his cellphone.  We chit-chat
for a little bit, about future medtech reunions, etcetera.


I took Continental flight because it's
always convenient; beside they still have peanuts not pretzels, meals, movies,
and free Coke.  I checked in one baggage for $15.  I like to travel
light  On my return flight I had to check my baggage again and paid
$15 again.  Now, I paid for a roundtrip ticket so I asked the lady at the
airline desk, "Shouldn't my baggage have a roundtrip fee of $15 also?"  No
dice.  That's a total fee of $30! I could have bought myself a
dozen beef steaks with that at Food4Less!


My tummy is growling and it's time to eat
the yummy siopao my favorite cousin Edith made.


Have a blessed All Saint's
Day!



Published  11/1/08   ALT  MSN Group

Web Page:  What's Up?

No comments:

Post a Comment