Friday, February 8, 2008

Take Pride in America Firestone Poem




AMERICAN AUTO CONSUMERS hardly see or don't see at all in TV ads these proud words:
TAKE PRIDE IN AMERICA
This is what's wrong with Americans - they don't buy goods MADE IN AMERICA.  They buy goods MADE IN THE WORLD! Well, let me tell you something!  I bought a Lincoln-Mercury in 1986, 0 % interest.  It did not give me any trouble at all, no major repair, just change oil and just handwash it twice a year.  Really!  The old car is 22 years old now, odometer of 80,000 miles, beyond its prime but still zoom-zooming.  It's so old my big bro took pity on me and gave me for Christmas a Chevy Impala.  I now have three cars!!!
Here's a poem dedicated to this American Driver, sent with flying kiss   from cargiver Firestone (expensive but excellent cargiver to sick cars):


It was love at first drive,
And I knew right away,
When you pointed at Firestone Complete Auto Care
And I heard you say:
"When you are all mine,
I'll take you there
To keep you running strong
Through maintenance, tires and repairs."
I thought you were lying,
I'll be the first to admit.
You just didn't look like the type
That was ready to commit.
I opened my headlights
And I knew I was wrong.
In your loving hands
Is where my keys belong.
You kept your promise
And to show my appreciation,
I'll try to drink less
When we're at the gas station.  
Love,
Your 1986 
My folks in Texas bought a new car, another Chevy Impala.  ALT analyst Marilou, hello Marilou! would ONLY buy American --no Made in China or Taiwan or Japan or India or Sri Lanka or wherever!
There's a saying by a Filipino lover boy driving to the home of his darling lady in America and in the Philippines:
"Walang matiagang dalaga sa nakaparadang Impala."
(A pretty lady would not be able to resist a parked Impala)
 The 100th showing of the CHICAGO AUTO SHOW OPENS TODAY, FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2008  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment